+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Cyrus Christie

re: Cyrus Christie

Quote Originally Posted by dcfcdavecov
    Surely he's going to be back-up?

If we're going for promotion, then we need a better RB (imo)
    Is that a view based upon seeing him at Cov?

To me, this is the sort of signing that's made us the squad we are. Young, hungry and given a chance to improve? If he can play cb too, it might suggest he has similar characteristics to Wisdom, therefore slotting in well to our existing set up?

Quote Originally Posted by RamFromCornwall
    Happy with this signing, Clough wanted him a while back I seem to remember, is he giving Steve Mc tips for players?

Still need another defender though, another right back, preferably one who can play LB too, that way we have a right back and a cover, a left back and a cover (not counting Naylor), then Keogh and Buxton, with Whitbread, O'Brien & Christie who can all cover CB, and perhaps Barker if he is fit enough to make the odd cover appearance.
    Freeman can cover both LB and RB

Quote Originally Posted by DCFC1388
    Happy with this signing, Clough wanted him a while back I seem to remember, is he giving Steve Mc tips for players?

Still need another defender though, another right back, preferably one who can play LB too, that way we have a right back and a cover, a left back and a cover (not counting Naylor), then Keogh and Buxton, with Whitbread, O'Brien & Christie who can all cover CB, and perhaps Barker if he is fit enough to make the odd cover appearance.
    Freeman can cover both LB and RB[/quote]

Providing he isn't joining Sheff Utd.

Quote Originally Posted by Toggles

To me, this is the sort of signing that's made us the squad we are. Young, hungry and given a chance to improve? If he can play cb too, it might suggest he has similar characteristics to Wisdom, therefore slotting in well to our existing set up?[/quote]

Agreed, would you rather McClaren sign young, hungry, talented players like Clough did for us and like McClaren has continued to do so here, or would you rather him sign a bunch of ****, has been players who are just looking for one more financial boost in a fading career like when he was at Forest? He's definitely learnt a lot as a manager in a short time.

Providing he isn't joining Sheff Utd.[/quote]

If he was to join Sheff Utd I would imagine Christie is backup RB and we will bring in a 1st choice RB with Naylor the backup LB

Quote Originally Posted by DCFC1388

If he was to join Sheff Utd I would imagine Christie is backup RB and we will bring in a 1st choice RB with Naylor the backup LB[/quote]

That would be fine, we'd just have to pray that Forsyth is ever-present this season.

If he was to join Sheff Utd I would imagine Christie is backup RB and we will bring in a 1st choice RB with Naylor the backup LB[/quote]

That would be fine, we'd just have to pray that Forsyth is

I don't really understamd the "he's not good enough" opinion yet. We haven't seen him play, and by all accounts he's a decent, young, English attacking full-back with pace. How many of them are around? I'd suggest not many.

The last RB we got from lower leagues was Brayford, and look how that turned out. I hope we give the lad a chance. Wisdom was a rock last year, but a universal criticism of him was he didn't push forward enough. There'll be no such problems with this guy from what a Coventry fan has told me at work today.

[quote="D_D" opinion yet. We haven't seen him play, and by all accounts he's a decent, young, English attacking full-back with pace. How many of them are around? I'd suggest not many.

The last RB we got from lower leagues was Brayford, and look how that turned out. I hope we give the lad a chance. Wisdom was a rock last year, but a universal criticism of him was he didn't push forward enough. There'll be no such problems with this guy from what a Coventry fan has told me at work today.[/quote]

Mixed reactions on a Cov forum, a lot say he's rubbish and reckon they'll get about £600k compensation so it's a good deal for them. One poster says that he can't attack or defend. However there are some posters who say he is good and those who say he isn't are just bitter. They think Steve will get the best out of him and improve him and he will shine for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Toggles

To me, this is the sort of signing that's made us the squad we are. Young, hungry and given a chance to improve? If he can play cb too, it might suggest he has similar characteristics to Wisdom, therefore slotting in well to our existing set up?[/quote]

I didn't see him last season, but have many mates in Coventry (since moved) - and they don't rate him that much. I thought he was alright in a poor team, and i've got a feeling that they're only saying he's **** because he's leaving them.

But it's still a risk. But so was Wisdom. Don't know what i'm trying to say really lol.

Something about wanting a very decent RB, good enough for promotion, but then i don't want us splashing out fees and wages as i like what we have already started.

Ah **

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)