+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Brett Wilson on thorne

re: Brett Wilson on thorne

This is all very interesting, but has George Thorne signed for you yet?

See, a few of yours posted on our site that his transfer was imminent around about June 16th sort of time.
    My interpretation of the word imminent is that something is about to happen.
    Soon.
    I was just wondering if the deal is still imminent, a little less so; or perhaps given the passage of time a little more imminent?

Whatever, given the state of near hysteria over a misinterpreted Tweet, this cannot be good for your collective health.
    Sit down, take it easy and

breathe.

By the way.
    I was thinking of going to Devon for a few days in a couple of weeks.
    Does anybody ITK know if George will have signed by the time I get back?
    I would really like to know.

If he does not, then I may have to come back and start taking the p1ss.

Quote Originally Posted by Albionic68
    This is all very interesting, but has George Thorne signed for you yet?

See, a few of yours posted on our site that his transfer was imminent around about June 16th sort of time.
    My interpretation of the word imminent is that something is about to happen.
    Soon.
    I was just wondering if the deal is still imminent, a little less so; or perhaps given the passage of time a little more imminent?

Whatever, given the state of near hysteria over a misinterpreted Tweet, this cannot be good for your collective health.
    Sit down, take it easy and

breathe.

By the way.
    I was thinking of going to Devon for a few days in a couple of weeks.
    Does anybody ITK know if George will have signed by the time I get back?
    I would really like to know.

If he does not, then I may have to come back and start taking the p1ss.
    When you come back to take the '****' we might have to start looking at the 'imminent' sacking of your manager

Quote Originally Posted by Fletch_11

When you come back to take the 'p1ss' we might have to start looking at the 'imminent' sacking of your manager - will he last longer and win more games than Pepe Mel by the time he goes though?
    Poor come back, and surely it should be IF I were to come back to take the ****
    But believe me, IF this one falls through your site is going to be over run.

For the record, I think that George will be a Derby player before Irvine gets the sack.

**your post has been edited by board mods**
    ** please do not circumvent the swear filter, chris311080**

Quote Originally Posted by Albionic68

When you come back to take the '****' we might have to start looking at the 'imminent' sacking of your manager - will he last longer and win more games than Pepe Mel by the time he goes though?
    Poor come back, and surely it should be IF I were to come back to take the p1ss.
    But believe me, IF this one falls through your site is going to be over run.

For the record, I think that George will be a Derby player before Irvine gets the sack.
    .[/quote]

See you are already back Alb. 17 minutes later you are back mate. I don't think you can stay away
    For what it's worth I really can't see Irvine being a success - not through any '****' take but just because of his previous record and status within the game. I really think your club deserve better (especially based on fairly recent history) but that's a chat for another thread

I hope we get Thorne and Irvine proves me wr

Good evening chris311080, hope you are well.

As a visitor to your site I do not wish to extract the waste products of your kidneys.

In light of this, may I humbly request that you also edit the quoted texts please?
    (You missed one on post 23 , oh, and 24 ).

One would not wish to cause offence to any readers of a delicate disposition.

Not the done thing on social forums one admits, so please accept my apologies.

Thanks in advance.

Yours, Mellow Yellow.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramstein
    What is it with folk on here jumping the gun and misinterpreting things so widely?

Stay away from Twitter for your own sake and others you old cronies!
    amen to that. some people on here are determined this isn't going to happen and seem to grasp at any shred of cod ****e as if it were FACT!

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale
    Be patient guys, since when do negotiations be broadcast publicly on a minute by minute basis?

This is what i've heard - Thorne deffo wants to leave the baggies and its down to haggling between the clubs, it aint even the price, its the way the fee is structured, West Brom want more up front Derby would prefer to pay installments and add ons.

Until the inks dry on the paper then nothings certain but if i was a betting man then I'd say the odds on us getting Thorne are good.

I for one are glad we have a club who will take their time to negotiate the best possible deal, we have in the past seemed to be willing paid over the odds for players (just for the record I'm refering to pre Clough times!).
    Or just can't afford to pay a realistic price in the selling clubs view!!!

When the same was happening with the previous management you were spitting feathers and snagging the management and.owner off.

You really are a hypocrite...

Exactly the same for me! No bias either way

Most recent tweet by Wilson involving Thorne here, he seems to joke and reference Thorne a fair bit which you wouldn't think he would do if this would just end in us not getting him. - view external link

Saw this in the west midlands press, thought I'd share, not sure if you're interested - view external link

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)