+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Michael O'Connor

Michael O'Connor

There is zero chance of Michael O'Connor coming back, SD simply wouldn't entertain it.

He treated the club management with absolute disdain, so that ship has definitely sailed

Michael O'Connor

Mick if you got your wishes we would have a squad of about 50 ex'players.

As in football as life, there rarely is any future in the past.

Let's support this generation of academy players not a previous one.

re: Michael O'Connor

I don't recall Michael O'Connor (not sure that the nickname "Occy" ever really stuck) was brimming over with gratitude and affection for the footballing education he'd received from the Alex. You could contrast him with someone like Seth. So a return to the side is probably desirable for neither him nor us.

In addition, would we want two "well 'ard" midfielders, at the expense of creativity?

[quote="VindePays2009" ever really stuck) was brimming over with gratitude and affection for the footballing education he'd received from the Alex. You could contrast him with someone like Seth. So a return to the side is probably desirable for neither him nor us.

In addition, would we want two "well 'ard" midfielders, at the expense of creativity?[/quote]
    You made that point far better than I did

Port Alexandra - then they could just cast off into the middle of the ocean

Occy was a victim of Gudjon Thordarsson and he wasn't the only one. I certainly wouldn't label him as an out-and-out troublemaker based on that. He got a very very raw deal from Gudjon.

Quote Originally Posted by RenegadeDS
    Occy was a victim of Gudjon Thordarsson and he wasn't the only one. I certainly wouldn't label him as an out-and-out troublemaker based on that. He got a very very raw deal from Gudjon.
    Right So that incident with Marlon Broomes never occurred & Steve Holland never described him as a player that consumes an awful amount of the manager's time.

Quote Originally Posted by supercrewe
    Mick if you got your wishes we would have a squad of about 50 ex'players.

As in football as life, there rarely is any future in the past.

Let's support this generation of academy players not a previous one.
    Just my opinion, that is all. I am of course, all for supporting the academy players, although at present it is not possible to have the whole team made up of them. That is why SD is going for loan signings. Personally, I liked O'Connor as a player (not the off-field antics that he displayed) and just thought at approaching 27 he would now be mature enough to return and do a job for us. I am surely entitled to that opinion? Of course, I don't want the side to consist of all our former players. That is a ridiculous assumption and it has been pointed out that most of those that do return, never live up to expectations. Perhaps, Occy would be the exception to the rule? However, I cannot see that materialising and would

A good player with lots of potential which he has not really fulfilled since leaving Crewe.

Not going to vale now. Doesn't want to take a 60% wage cut apparently.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast