+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: BOGOF

BOGOF

Why don't we see if we can get a discount deal for signing Thorne and they also throw in Craig Dawson? 3 million for the pair?

re: BOGOF

Graham Dorrans just signed a three year contract at the Hawthorns, will this news affect our attempt to get George?

Really like Dawson OTR and I like your style !

Think we're really gonna struggle to get Thorne for less than 3 Million which then begs the question is he really worth it and should be be looking at alternatives.

From what we've all seen of Thorne he's been outstanding but it's been less than a dozen games and I'm just concerned we might push the boat out to far.

Kind Regards
    Gangway D from the terrace

Yes I agree, I think 3 million is the maximum of his current worth. I would not bid any more than this.

It was a bit tongue in cheek about the double bid but actually it could be feasible but I reckon it would take 5 million to do it

Any one who things we should spend AŁ3m on Thorne is mad.

Yes, he was a major influence in last seasons run in. Yes, we all want him here. Yes, he has potential to get better

But he has only played 10 games or so. And has returned from a serious injury. So he does come with a risk, and I dont say that to down play how exciting a player he would be.

I just think it takes a rational head to make the right decision. fans are ruled by their hearts, thats what being a fan is about. but the interest of the club has to come first when the decision is taken

If we wont meet WBA asking price, then we move on. We will all watch Thorne with interest. And will be a shame to see him playing a bit part there when he has so much to offer.

Just need to do the right thing. IMO, I would not pay any more than AŁ2m for him now, and possibly agree to 20% sell-on. That uses our Play off windfall in one foul swoop!

Stand Up For Eranio

I guessed it was tongue in cheek but I tell you what, I'd love both of them for 5 Million !

Also, this lay out would be off set by the likes of Sammon and maybe Ward leaving to recoup a decent amount.

Nice to dream eh.

Think Stand up for Eranio has called it about right. I'd only go 2 Million for Thorne with add's on for promotion and appearences etc. to take us up to the 2.5 Million ceiling.

Good Morning
    Gangway D from the terrace

I believe Burnley are after Dawson but we are just as an attractive club for him to come to. In my opinion he would flourish here with Thorne also in the side. Come on Steve and Sam why not a cheeky double bid?

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)