+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thorne: let stop having new threads about him

Thorne: let stop having new threads about him

Setting aside of course the irony of having a new thread suggesting no new threads!

I have got really bored with all this speculation, at the end of which countless people will claim to have been right since there has been such diversity of opinion- and of course whatever the outcome the Rat will be right, come what may.

So we have chased him and it now looks as if the price has chased up to a rather excessive level - at least in the minds of posters on here. What the reality is, no-one seems to know, even those who traditionally have a better handle than most on what's going on.

Would love to have him in the team, but would I love him 3 million ways? I don't think so, and it doesn't seem consistent with our past spending plans.

Anyway, can we just all calm down and wait and see please? Every time I see a new thread I think a resolution must have happened or be close to hand - and every time it's no further forward. Discussion is one thing but frankly this has now become boring

re: Thorne: let stop having new threads about him

It would be fine if you just said please no more threads, but you then start a discussion about his value.

3 million in my opinion is a bargain. The guy should not even be playing in the championship, but for some reason wants to play for us. It is not everyday as a championship club you get the chance to sign a player of Thorne's quality, we should be snapping him up if they only want 3 million.

Paradoxical

Oxymoron ?

Regards
    Gangway D from the terrace

Incongruous.

Hot off the press.

Thorne agrees finances. - view external link

Thorne

The whole thing starts to get ridiculous. You would think he was the second coming of the Messiah. If we don't get him I am sure the team will not collapse.

George just put us out of our misery and sign!
    Tomorrow is the final day if all the (100% certain, done deal, my source tells me it's definite), brigade are to be proved right.

Three million seems a fair price, I find it hard to understand supporters who doubt whether we should be spending this sort of money!

We must continue to bring in talent to improve the team to try and compete at the top of the championship.
    George 3 million
    John Brayford 1.5 million
    Chris Eagles free.
    Then when we can bring in a young prem striker on loan.

Then we will have the squad we need to compete at the top of the Championship!

Quote Originally Posted by SlimyLimey
    The whole thing starts to get ridiculous. You would think he was the second coming of the Messiah. If we don't get him I am sure the team will not collapse.
    If no George Thorne then Adam Clayton from Huddersfield would be my second choice.
    Any thoughts?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)