+ Visit Arbroath FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Petition to the club to name the hospitality or bar

re: Petition to the club to name the hospitality or bar

Quote Originally Posted by ClashCityRocker
    Seriously - please DO NOT post anything unrelated to honouring the legacy of Albert Henderson onto this thread.

A few comments on this thread have absolutely nothing to do with this discussion - please show some respect and post your comments elsewhere.

Your Head is up youe ass mate do you seriously think that you and your fellow key board warriors are going to SORT OUT club policey regards naming the stand or hospitality lounge

The club will do what the club will do I would like to think they would listen to the ground swell of opinion and as the thread tells us they read these pages There will be no decision based on these postings

Oh I forgot its new times the power of the social media ect ect facebook and all that crap

The man did a fantastic job for the club and I agree with every sentiment you posted

But sorry CCR dont come on like some Headmaster / Holyrood Gov Lackie repremanding the naughty schoolboys

There was never any intenton to disrespect anybodys memory and I do not think it has been

Did anybody poke fun or show disrespect to Mr Henderson I did not interpret anything in the posts regards that.

So a few posts were not SERIOUS in what was a SERIOUS DISCUSSION Well disregard them brush them aside with a casu

NOW you sound like me Dave

IMO there are many Lichties who could have bits of Gayfieldd after them - Ian Stirling, John Prentice, Jimmy Jack, Hugh Nelson, Paul Sheerin, John Petrie, Dave Easson and so many more who, along with Bert Henderson, have made us the club we are today.

Perhaps it might be best to just remember all their contributions towards the Lichties rather than single out any one. Today's heroes are yesterday's greats and soon become relics. The past should be left in the past and we should always be looking to the future without the old heroes looking out over everything we do.

Should wehave a stand or terracingd after Jocky Petrie but alas no one can remember seeing him create his world record however perhaps he deserves the recognition more than Bert Henderson or maybe not.

Why not one of the bars "Lichtie Heroes" and have pictures, where they exist, of all our heroes in it - ah but that will open up a new can of worms - how do you define a Lichtie hero, what is the qualific

Welcome back to the boards HL. Your input has been missed. Hope we will soon see you back on the terraces as well.

Well unsurprisingly I am going to disagree with HL's 1st post in ages

Sir Albert Henderson IS Mr Arbroath FC and the old legends like Strirling/Cargill/Jack/Cant/Sellars etc cannot speak highly enough of the man and I am certain there would be less than 5% of Red Lichtie fans would be unhappy if a stand or Hospitality Suite wasd after the AFC Legend.
    Totally agree with you that the bar should be called Red Lichtie Legends and get photos on the wall, we could have a fans vote for an initial say 36 legend photos which could be added to every year with new votes.

Anyway welcome back HL

[quote="highland_lichtie"]IMO there are many Lichties who could have bits of Gayfieldd after them - Ian Stirling, John Prentice, Jimmy Jack, Hugh Nelson, Paul Sheerin, John Petrie, Dave Easson and so many more who, along with Bert Henderson, have made us the club we are today.

Perhaps it might be best to just remember all their contributions towards the Lichties rather than single out any one. Today's heroes are yesterday's greats and soon become relics. The past should be left in the past and we should always be looking to the future without the old heroes looking out over everything we do.

Should wehave a stand or terracingd after Jocky Petrie but alas no one can remember seeing him create his world record however perhaps he deserves the recognition more than Bert Henderson or maybe not.

Why not one of the bars "Lichtie Heroes" and have pictures, where they exist, of all our heroes in it - ah but that will open up a new can of worms -

Seems a small number of people have went out of their way to go off topic and create a different conversation .

Would be good if we could avoid thread hijacking on this discussion.

If people want to discuss other matters, please start up your own thread .

AFC1320 created this thread and I am sure he would be pleased to hear everyone's view's on the matter.

Perhaps some people prefer things the way they are with the terraces being called Harbour End, Pleasure Land End and North Sea End.

Others might think the terraces could bed after the financial backing of a sponsor .

Would be good to hear other people's opinion on the matter , the more people expressing their thoughts the better.

It's very possible the board have already discussed this previously and perhaps have plans for the future.

Thanks to AFC1320 for kicking off this subject .

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)