+ Visit West Ham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Andy Carroll

re: Andy Carroll

Plus, while the 2-4 months is, at the moment, speculation, it begs the question, what does Allardyce do ?

Assuming we get the permit, Valencia is just over 5 foot 10. Good in the air and would get his share if our wingers got crosses in, but winning the hoof upfield ? Forget it.

Which means one of four things.

We'll change our style of play with both Zarate and Valencia. No room for Nolan.

Or..We'll splash out for a ready-made replacement. But Gold has already said he doubts there'll be any more permanent signings.

Or..We'll wait until August 31st and sign a big lump on loan who can't get a game for his own club. Remember Mladen Petric ?

Or..Carlton Cole.

I like Number one. Preferably with Fatman's sacking so someone who knows what he's doing can implement it. Getting a bj off the Pope is more likely.

it will be 3 or 4.

Quote Originally Posted by palerider
    Plus, while the 2-4 months is, at the moment, speculation, it begs the question, what does Allardyce do ?

Assuming we get the permit, Valencia is just over 5 foot 10. Good in the air and would get his share if our wingers got crosses in, but winning the hoof upfield ? Forget it.

Which means one of four things.

We'll change our style of play with both Zarate and Valencia. No room for Nolan.

Or..We'll splash out for a ready-made replacement. But Gold has already said he doubts there'll be any more permanent signings.

Or..We'll wait until August 31st and sign a big lump on loan who can't get a game for his own club. Remember Mladen Petric ?

Or..Carlton Cole.

I like Number one. Preferably with Fatman's sacking so someone who knows what he's doing can implement it. Getting a bj off the Pope is more likely.

it will be 3 or 4.
    Lacina Traore's being touted again. Saw the rumours about him this morning which straight away led m

Well it's all very interesting. AC has taken, some part in 16 games out of a possible 45.

What do we make of it...bloody perplexing. He seems a likeable enough bloke and I don't wish him any ill...but I don't think HamsterCheeks should shape the team around him, because he is never available...

Quote Originally Posted by BlackDiamond
    Well it's all very interesting. AC has taken, some part in 16 games out of a possible 45.

What do we make of it...bloody perplexing. He seems a likeable enough bloke and I don't wish him any ill...but I don't think HamsterCheeks should shape the team around him, because he is never available...
    which leaves us with Nolan and Carlty...

Right, we can't blame AC, as he is always unavailable. So out of the twentyfour million pounds spent on squad renewal; how much has been allocated to provide like-for-like backup for the injury prone No 9 ?

...and just to start you off...I think f.uckall

plenty of time to reciprocate, so no problem there,

Quote Originally Posted by BlackDiamond
    Right, we can't blame AC, as he is always unavailable. So out of the twentyfour million pounds spent on squad renewal; how much has been allocated to provide like-for-like backup for the injury prone No 9 ?

...and just to start you off...I think f.uckall
    The point of the squad rebuilding was so that we have a Plan B when AC is unavailable... however, given he's unavailable more often than not it might be prudent to move Plan B to Plan A status and vice versa. I also think some thought should be given to a Plan C in the January transfer window.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerman69
    according to the Mail we are already looking for cover for Andy..

West Ham are contemplating a move for Monaco striker Lacina Traore as fears grow over Andy Carrollaiis fitness.

The England striker has sustained an ankle injury on the clubaiis tour of New Zealand causing him to miss Wednesday morningaiis 2-1 defeat to Wellington.

And manager Sam Allardyce is giving serious consideration to signing another centre-forward amid concerns over his Ai15million man.
    I'd doubt we would look at Traore...he was injured the whole time he was at Everton..[/quote]" injured the whole time ??? thats the sort of player we usually look at !!!!

Why is Andy Carroll not getting the support Dean Ashton recieved???

Fu.cking unbelievable, the fella has done nothing wrong, he's our record signing, get behind him ffs.

He is a West ham United player.

Does anyone remember Traore's statement when he turned us down in favour of Everton last year?

He had a medical and spent the day at Chadwell Heath then changed his mind and blamed the managers brand of football. Now either he's changed his mind due to all this talk of the new Barca-like West Ham or the story is horsesh1t.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)