+ Visit Bolton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Conor Wilkinson...

Conor Wilkinson...

He scored our 2nd goal tonight after 5 minutes of coming on at the end of the game,i would love this lad to get 1st team football next season.

re: Conor Wilkinson...

Me too Campo, been following his progress since we signed him. Looks a very good prospect, saw someone who knew his dad and he told me that Conor can come across as full of himself but he shows why he thinks that on the pitch. I am more than happy to have a striker like that at Bolton!

Wilkinson scored a decent goal last night, but we've seen Tom Eaves score a wonder goal once and now look at him.

I'd much rather trust Dougie's eye for a young player than Coyle though and lets just hope it isn't too long before Wilkinson starts pushing for a first team spot.

It looks like he will be in the 1st team next season!

What makes you say that campo??

HOPE THIS LAD CAN DO THE BUSINESS BUT TO BE HONEST THE WHOLE ACADEMY IS CRAP !

IF THERE WAS GREAT PLAYERS READY TO TAKE THE CHAMPIONSHIP BY STORM THEN THEY WOULD ALREADY BE IN THE SIDE SHOWCASING TO SELL

OR THE BIG TEAMS WOULD HAVE ENTICED THEM AWAY

WHO DO YOU WANNA PLAY FOR LFC OR BWFC ? IT AIN'T ROCKET SCIENCE

NO ROONEY IN OUR ACADEMY.

SHOULD RUN IT DOWN AND SAVE THE 500K PER YEAR TO BUY A GOOD FIRST TEAM PLAYER TO ENTICE KIDS TO PLAY FOR US.

YOU CAN'T BRIBE KIDS PARENTS WHO KNOW LITTLE JOHNNY IS A LITTLE SUPER STAR EVEN IF HE'S IN UTDS ACADEMY OAND DOES NOT MAKE THE GRADE ANOTHER DECENT TEAM WILL COME IN FOR HIS LIKE CLUBS DID FOR SAVAGE AT UTD AND MANY OTHERS.

PLAY OUR ACADEMY PLAYERS AGAINST MICAH RICHARDS AND HE'D FLATTEN THEM WITH ONE TACKLE.

We have to just hope for the best and prepare for the worst with youngsters; I'm done getting excited about them.

Freedman, like any manager, can only work with what he's got unfortunately.

I think pretty much every fan at every club in the top 2 (possibly 3) leagues is fed up of waiting for youngsters to come through. Managers are not in the job for long enough to nurture them so they never get a chance. They disappear down the leagues or quit football altogether.

Get rid of the academies and bring back the old Central League

From what Gartside has been saying jj Freedman will be @ bolton for a long time!

hate to say this
    but it's got to the point for me that maybe a stroke might make the holey one resign to spend time with his family and leave someone who knows about football to take his place and sack DF and re model the club.

we have assets which are just not working for us

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)