+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Twardzik

re: Twardzik

..the goal yesterday was due to his lack of attention/slow reaction with moving his feet, not the fact he's two inches shorter than we'd like.
    Therefore, if we consider your observation and combine with mine … we've potentially got lemon between the posts.

Quote Originally Posted by dasdeid
    ..the goal yesterday was due to his lack of attention/slow reaction with moving his feet, not the fact he's two inches shorter than we'd like.
    Therefore, if we consider your observation and combine with mine … we've potentially got lemon between the posts.
    He's not the first and won't be the last to make a mistake like that but it's nothing to do with how tall he is. No one looked at 6'3'' David Seaman and says it was his height which led to blunders against Nayim and Ronaldinho.

We can blame this and that all we want. Fact is we lost to a team of part timers, another humiliation in europe. An embarrasment for the club and scottish football in general. We were poor from back to front in both games. We got what we deserved over both legs.

You can't blame him for the lose yesterday.. He was your best player. Number 7 was also good.

Quote Originally Posted by dasdeid
    He had ipurple patchi whilst on loan and if you look back on this Forum you got the man the majority thought the answer.
    Hopefully may improve but I never thought the answer due his lacking in height .. Iive posted previously what is Gordon Marshall doing ?
    He is the goalkeeping coach and assume recommends to McCall potential targets and works to improve existing keepers.
    Hollis, Nielsen and now Twardzik are the result of his efforts i time for a change of coach.
    I never quite understood the Twardzik cult last season. He is small for a goalie and that puts him and his defence at an immediate disadvantage. Andy Goram will tell you that he got away with his lack of height because he had several giants in front of him to protect him.

Stewart Kerr signed Lee Hollis, not Gordon Marshall, but I take your point. That now looks like 2 bad signings he's recommended. That can't go on.

Stevie Woods would have saved that shot.

Dan and Gunnar are our goalies. I,too,would rather have a Ruddy or a Randolph; it's not going to happen. But it won't matter who's in goals if the defence doesn't stop parting like the Red Sea when opponents carry the ball towards our penalty area for free shots at goal.
    Most of the shots, admittedly, end up beside me in the Davie Cooper, but it would still be a good idea to put a stop to it, because some of them do damage.

F*** i laughed when i read that post. We're in for a helluva time if dan let's in a shot stevie woods would have saved.

Quote Originally Posted by dazlhigh
    Dan and Gunnar are our goalies. I,too,would rather have a Ruddy or a Randolph; it's not going to happen. But it won't matter who's in goals if the defence doesn't stop parting like the Red Sea when opponents carry the ball towards our penalty area for free shots at goal.
    I wasn't looking for a Randolph or a Ruddy just a decent SPFL level goalie - Jamie MacDonald for example. I take your point about leaving our custodian exposed but its not the defence thats to blame for that; rather our central midfield. They've been guilty of that for years.

Quote Originally Posted by Sup3rw3ll
    For these two games, the goalie is not the issue here. Not saving 3 penalties is not to be held against him.

The SAME player giving away ALL the penalties is much more of an issue!

Gunnar may, or may not have saved one of the penalties. He also may not have let the 4th goal in. But, at the same time might have let in one of shots when they broke at pace! So, it's swings and roundabouts.

At the end of the day, you can't give the opposition THREE penalties. Against better opposition the score would have been even worse when including that number of penalties. WE, and only WE kept them in the tie.

Also, it is worse than Albion Rovers, because this cost the team 130,000 euros by giving up the lead 3 times by coinciding multiple penalties.
    I agree that this is the issue, but not for the reason you appear to think. Why was Lasley the only player who was in the position to stop a danger from an opponent inside the box. Where was

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)