+ Visit Southampton FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 13/2 for Relegation this season, good bet?!

13/2 for Relegation this season, good bet?!

With the imminent sale of Chambers, fire sale of all the quality from our already tiny squad I'm really struggling for any optimism this season.
    I understand that without the wild investment Cortese promised everyone that ppl like Shaw, Lallana and Lovren were always going to be moving on but selling the likes of chambers is a joke!
    Koeman now needs a keeper, 2 left backs, 2 centre backs, cover right back, 2 wide players and 2 strikers?! I just cannot see this happening its way to many players to blend into a squad and that's if we keep the likes of schniederlin!

Officially worried

re: 13/2 for Relegation this season, good bet?!

I'm not a betting man, so no !
    It's odd how different people view things in different ways.

even after your fire-sale, there are plenty of teams worse off than you blokes.

Far too many doom and gloom merchants. Apart from the next batch coming through, including those who have already played International games at various levels. We sold 3, replaced 2 and there is how many weeks to go in the transfer market?

What if another four go?

(Lovren, Chambers, Morgan and Jay)

Odds now 11/2 after chambers sale... This becoming a joke, anyone we get an offer on is gone! We've sold 3 of last seasons back 4! Show me any other team that could/would do that?!

Can you imagine Hooiveld and Fonte lining up at the start of the season? Scary stuff...

Not much of a betting man but the reverse odds to stay up may get tempting.

Quote Originally Posted by Pentridge
    What if another four go?

What if Virgil van Dijk, Dos Santos, Danny Ings, Pablo Armero, Ron Vlaa and Fraser Forster arrived??

Quote Originally Posted by proclaimer
    What if another four go?

What if Virgil van Dijk, Dos Santos, Danny Ings, Pablo Armero, Ron Vlaa and Fraser Forster arrived??[/quote]

Far too many new players to integrate into a team imo
    Vlaar is the only player in that list who has Prem experience and i've never been that impressed with him, i still remember our first win under NA in the prem against Villa a couple of years back when we won 4-1, he was abysmal.
    I may be negative but theres no point in me happy clapping and saying i think we'll be fine when the reality is RK has a very hard job even recruiting players let alone moulding them into a competitive team

I agree with Kevin Davies. - view external link

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast