+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Not a very good start!

re: Not a very good start!

It had nothing to do with Jim McIntyre's team selection or formation. His tactics and choices should be trusted and respected, after all he is the manager

The point is it was poor defending which cost us.

Disappointed? Yes, very; particularly after being ahead by two goals to nil. Surprised by the goals we lost? Not completely because I don't think our central defence is all that great. Just think about some of the goals we lost last year - eg against Rangers; against Dundee up there; against Falkirk in the play-off (after going ahead 3 - 1 on aggregate). Am I panicking? Don't be absurd! OK, we lost a.game we probably should have won and, OK, we may have drawn Rangers or Hibs or Hearts in a later round but let's not lose sight of the fact that this was the first game of the new season. We had a pretty poor start to last season and we lost nine out of twelve games against the top three teams in the league but still finished the best of the rest. I expect this season to lose twelve out of twelve against the top three teams in the league (no prizes for guessing which three teams I mean) and not to finish the best of the rest but the time for panicking is if/when we find ourselves losing r

I`ll be amazed and bitterly disappointed if we lose 12 out of 12 against Rangers, Hibs and Hearts. Fully expect they will be the top 3 but just can`t see that we won`t take something in 12 matches against them.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)