+ Visit Nottingham Forest FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: -Russia 2018 world cup

-Russia 2018 world cup

Just watching the news and seems to be growing support for demands to strip Russia of the tournament, in light of world events.
    Should they be stripped of it, or should politics be ignored and let Putin off the hook. No doubt he will use it for the full propaganda and leave a bitter taste in some peoples mouth.

Feelings?

re: -Russia 2018 world cup

Will never happen, the WC will still go ahead in Russia, what's the alternative if Russia was to be given the boot ( pardon the pun ) , on the footballing side of it i don't think England will qualify for it sadly anyway.

3-4 years is still a long way, qualifying hasn't even started and we've just finished one.
    The mood might change with time, but I think FIFA doesn't like to get involved in politics of a country where possible. They regularly warn FAs that any Govt interference will mean a ban, so it'll look bad if they now decide to intervene politically.

Unless Russia escalates things or invades Ukraine or Georgia, I think we should let it remain. Incidentally I'm in Malaysia today and there hasn't been any talk of actually punishing/boycotting Russia, except for a newspaper article.
    Maybe the mood might change if investigators conclusively find them fully responsible, but thus far, Malaysia hasn't said much.

Quote Originally Posted by Romanis
    3-4 years is still a long way, qualifying hasn't even started and we've just finished one.
    The mood might change with time, but I think FIFA doesn't like to get involved in politics of a country where possible. They regularly warn FAs that any Govt interference will mean a ban, so it'll look bad if they now decide to intervene politically.

Unless Russia escalates things or invades Ukraine or Georgia, I think we should let it remain. Incidentally I'm in Malaysia today and there hasn't been any talk of actually punishing/boycotting Russia, except for a newspaper article.
    Maybe the mood might change if investigators conclusively find them fully responsible, but thus far, Malaysia hasn't said much.
    Yes, they don't like getting involved in Politics etc.

Bribery is fine though. A good bung can get you through anything at FIFA.
    But don't try and tar our good at FIFA with your shenanigans of politics or we'll scweam and scweam and s

its a vert very sad thing that sport and polotics get mixed how about nick clegg gets the Russian owners over here banned that would mess up Chelsea reading Bournemouth etc . but as they say its up to blatter so no chance

Can't see Blatter crossing the Russians

Let's face it, I don't think the people that 'paid' to get the World Cup would be happy about that... not that I'm insinuating any impropriety in FIFAs balloting process.

Quote Originally Posted by tricky1972
    Can't see Blatter crossing the Russians

Let's face it, I don't think the people that 'paid' to get the World Cup would be happy about that... not that I'm insinuating any impropriety in FIFAs balloting process.
    Of course not.

"Good morning Mr Blatter, here is a lovely cup of tea for you"
    love Vladimir.

It wont happen, most of the EU countries can't agree on anything much, they will look after their own interests.
    It is all bluster and hollow threats.