+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Queens v Elgin

Queens v Elgin

Don't think I'll bother with this one due to the prices set by the club . Emailed the club to ask why they're charging normal league prices to play a Leauge 2 side but they didn't bother replying .

It's the Dumfries Show this weekend ( even it's cheaper to get it ) which will see another poor crowd IMO .

It's a dear game when you've 3 home games in a row , 2 kids to take & charge normal league prices .

Some consideration needed

re: Queens v Elgin

I'm really looking forward to this game, despite the very poor defensive showing last week.

I would hope that the defence have learned a valuable lesson and that there is no repeat this week.

I'd also like to see Aiden Smith being given 20 minutes on Saturday, as I reckon he could surprise the Elgin defence.

Despite some of the puerile remarks thrust upon me last week, I have a lot of sympathy for those of us with families facing the prospect of 3 home games in a week and the cost implications. Equally, the BOD have massive budgetary issues and there is a fine line between covering your costs and making a loss. If it was felt that a concession could be made this week, then I'm sure it would be very welcome by the paying public.

Well said Jardi

Initially I was disappointed that the board hadn’t reduced prices for this cup game but after reading through the ticket prices thread on Pie & Bovril it seems we are the cheapest Championship team to watch this season.

Dumbarton are charging £18 for cat B games and £20 for Cat A games this season!!

Hearts charged £10 v’s Annan but for us it will be £23 to visit Tynecastle.

So when you look at the big picture a consistent approach rather than boom n’ bust seems to be best method imo. - view external link

My first chance to see Queens this season so looking forward to it regardless of the admission price

Full time football isn't cheap I am afraid and the club have done well to keep down League admission prices.

First chance to see Queens and looking forward to it. Bit dismayed to hear that injuries are a concern already though.Should have enough to see off Elgin regardless but will need strong team to start League campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG
    Full time football isn't cheap I am afraid and the club have done well to keep down League admission prices.
    Respect for keeping the league prices down but not happy with the Elgin price . I simply can't afford 3 games in a row with the kids

I personally feel that Queens should have increased the prices for next season especially for the "big three"

I dont think too many fans would have objected too much.

They perhaps could have dropped the price for Saturday, but in the light of no increase for next season, I have no gripe with the price.

However, I may have thought differently if I had kids to bring as well.

the Club have set their stall out accordingly so it's up to us to meet it, and may i also suggest that we view Elgin City as a threat rather than anything else, it isn't all that many years since Albion Rovers featuring a very large Mark Yardley came to town and stuffed us so more than a hint of caution is always appropriate

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)