+ Visit Scotland Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Edinburgh advice.

re: Edinburgh advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed_ScottishFitba
    Camera Obscura at the top of the Royal Mile is good, Crammond beach/island, there's a Victorian House in Charlotte Sq if you like that sort of thing, Brunstfield Links is just next to the Meadows but is handier as there's a toilet if you're drinking & the walk along the path from Stockbridge to Dean Village is nice, past the well.

If you need any pub suggestions, just shout.

There's a Spanish restaurant up the Southside called LaSal which I can't recommend strongly enough.
    I think you will find it is the Georgian house that is in Charlotte Square next to the official residence of the First Minister. There is also the Lady Stairs Close on the High Street where is has been restored to how it would have been donkeys years ago.
    Toy museum down the High Street[/quote]

Right enough, it is Georgian, I walk past it every day as well

Quote Originally Posted by Mook1
    Camera Obscura at the top of the Royal Mile is good, Crammond beach/island, there's a Victorian House in Charlotte Sq if you like that sort of thing, Brunstfield Links is just next to the Meadows but is handier as there's a toilet if you're drinking & the walk along the path from Stockbridge to Dean Village is nice, past the well.

If you need any pub suggestions, just shout.

There's a Spanish restaurant up the Southside called LaSal which I can't recommend strongly enough.
    I think you will find it is the Georgian house that is in Charlotte Square next to the official residence of the First Minister. There is also the Lady Stairs Close on the High Street where is has been restored to how it would have been donkeys years ago.
    Toy museum down the High Street[/quote]

Right enough, it is Georgian, I walk past it every day as well [/quote]

Cheers for the suggestions.

Mrs Beamer & I are driving up from the Manchester area early tomorrow morning for a house party in Scone, Perth Saturday night. (family of a friend our daughter met whilst working in Zante last summer).

Driving to Inverkeithing P&R Sunday, drop luggage off at hotel in City centre, full day and night in Edinburgh. Drive back home Monday.

Really looking forward to it.

Quote Originally Posted by 12beamer

Mrs Beamer & I are driving up from the Manchester area early tomorrow morning for a house party in Scone, Perth Saturday night. (family of a friend our daughter met whilst working in Zante last summer).

Driving to Inverkeithing P&R Sunday, drop luggage off at hotel in City centre, full day and night in Edinburgh. Drive back home Monday.

Enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by 12beamer

Unfortunately it's meant to pysh down all weekend so might be an idea to stick with the indoor suggestions.

Unless you're a duck, in which case, fill yer boots

Had a top time.

Did the walk around Holyrood Park as detailed in The Scotsman newspaper - great views of the city.

Got a book on Mancunian bands from the music shop (gorp?) on Rose St for £3.00.
    The Mrs and I had decent bottle of vino in The Black Cat, Rose St.
    Had to dodge the rain but, coming from Lancashire we're used to it!
    The kids went to a club in Perth called The Zoo on Saturday night - sounded like a right dive but they enjoyed it.

Edinburgh? Loved it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)