+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Prediction time

re: Prediction time

I reckon we'll be towards the bottom, but fighting with teams like Colchester, Vale (SSS), Rochdale. I reckon we'll stay up though. Aneke and Ellis will be massive losses, but with Duggy and Toots, where can you go wrong?

I think I'm older than you james
    Quote Originally Posted by fatfakir
    I am Corporal Fraser I'm afraid. reckon we will have a record low points tally this year. But I'll still be there supporting the lads.
    Private Frazer, if you please, young man. "We're doomed. Doomed, I tell ye"

I'm more Rowley Birkin, QC meself...[/quote]

[quote="Proggs"]I always try to apply logic, though even this is only a guess - as is everything.

Logic suggests our pre-season has too eerily mirrored last seasons. Same scores at Nantwich, Norton and Chester (though the optimistic logic is that they are better sides this time than last). We lost our big home friendly 1-0 in both seasons, and with both pre-seasons we lost Pogba close to the seasons start.

On that logic, knowing how last season then went, we have not had a "good " pre-season and that points to a tough season.

This added to how we know the league will be tougher (just look at the transfers in our league!), the 'out' 8 who last season held numbers in 1 to 11 (as discussed in another thread) and finally these two points. 1) Bakes on the radio yesterday, he said when asked that he wasn't happy with what we had and going into Saturday. And 2)

The back four is not as good as it was this time last year, Harry and Ellis missing and they were our

After the first 3 games I feel like I have a touch of the Happiness Stans. "Where at man I thorkus where at man, need some time to sort this one out matey.

[quote="Proggs"]I always try to apply logic, though even this is only a guess - as is everything.

Logic suggests our pre-season has too eerily mirrored last seasons. Same scores at Nantwich, Norton and Chester (though the optimistic logic is that they are better sides this time than last). We lost our big home friendly 1-0 in both seasons, and with both pre-seasons we lost Pogba close to the seasons start.

On that logic, knowing how last season then went, we have not had a "good " pre-season and that points to a tough season.

This added to how we know the league will be tougher (just look at the transfers in our league!), the 'out' 8 who last season held numbers in 1 to 11 (as discussed in another thread) and finally these two points. 1) Bakes on the radio yesterday, he said when asked that he wasn't happy with what we had and going into Saturday. And 2)

The back four is not as good as it was this time last year, Harry and Ellis missing and they were our

This is what I said on August 3rd 2014:

"Bookies favourites to go down at 5/4. I am usually enthusiastic at this point of the pre-season, with less than a week to go until the big kick-off, although for the first time since the dark days of the 1970's / early 80's, I am a little despondent about our chances of survival this time around.

That assumption is based on last season's efforts (although there was an improvement after Xmas), the loss of key personnel (Pogba, Moore, Mellor, Ellis, Aneke etc.), the possible departure of Tootle, the injury to Davis and the failure to replace some of these players.

We have a weaker outfit than last season, unless the likes of Nolan, Waters, Colclough and Turton can make up the difference.

Yes, we have signed a new midfielder and a striker, but they are both a gamble and might not cut the mustard in a tough league. Or they may prove to be a Steve Davis masterstroke. Only time will tell with that one. I am being realistic and really hope that

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345