+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Question from WBA55

re: Question from WBA55

Tis fun from a distance, I do admit.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA1955
    I've read it 71.

He isn't a threat but a pain in the arse who picks faults with everyones opinions but never offering any of his own.
    He had been warned and yellowed more than once.

The number of threads on this board he spoilt were undefendable.
    Des, you're re writing history just like the others. You've given in to the vociferous wounded minority.

What actually happens is that when I post taking issue with the conventional wisdom a few people go ape and start mud slinging and lighting their torches and sharpening their pitchforks. Apparently my calm responses far outweigh their hysterics in the 'ruining the thread stakes'.

It's all a bit medieval really and Des is playing to the mob.

Quote Originally Posted by goo_wum
    Tis fun from a distance, I do admit.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA1955
    I've read it 71.

He isn't a threat but a pain in the arse who picks faults with everyones opinions but never offering any of his own.
    He had been warned and yellowed more than once.

The number of threads on this board he spoilt were undefendable.
    Des, you're re writing history just like the others. You've given in to the vociferous wounded minority.

What actually happens is that when I post taking issue with the conventional wisdom a few people go ape and start mud slinging and lighting their torches and sharpening their pitchforks. Apparently my calm responses far outweigh their hysterics in the 'ruining the thread stakes'.

It's all a bit medieval really and Des is playing to the mob.
    I'm with Goo.
    Not literally but I can see his point.
    There is a Royston Vasey like feel to the sandwell board, a local forum for local people.
    God help the

I've never contributed anything to do with football is another urban myth I see Des is trotting out. Keep re writing history Des, you'll feel more justified.

Albionic68 is the stand out poster on there for me. Think his military background has kept some others at bay.

Quote Originally Posted by wolves71
    Bob was banned by a former mod around the time of the last Black Country Derby, two and a half years ago. Would an amnesty be in order?
    Only one problem, mods have taken a sabbatical. Bob is a good poster and brings humour with them as well.[/quote]

Isn't Mr. D a mod?

Quote Originally Posted by Robus
    Bob was banned by a former mod around the time of the last Black Country Derby, two and a half years ago. Would an amnesty be in order?
    Only one problem, mods have taken a sabbatical. Bob is a good poster and brings humour with them as well.[/quote]

Isn't Mr. D a mod?[/quote]

No idea Robus, i'm just going off what was posted in 'saved threads'. - view external link

I'd forgotten about that thread. Ron posted to call for new mods and not a damn thing came of it. I take it you're willing '71?

How about it Mr. D?

Quote Originally Posted by goo_wum
    I've never contributed anything to do with football is another urban myth I see Des is trotting out. Keep re writing history Des, you'll feel more justified.

Albionic68 is the stand out poster on there for me. Think his military background has kept some others at bay.
    I have met Albionic68... his military background has no sway with anyone... he is himself... I was in the TA... does that help...?

Albionic is a great bloke... to mislead anyone he is threatening is disgraceful...

Quote Originally Posted by Stroller59

I have met Albionic68... his military background has no sway with anyone... he is himself... I was in the TA... does that help...?

Albionic is a great bloke... to mislead anyone he is threatening is disgraceful... [/quote]
    Que? I clearly said he was stand out. I thought I also clearly suggested that I think he doesn't get jumped on as much for challenging people (about the same 'pc' things as I did), because of his military credentials? Maybe it wasn't as clear as I thought. I do admire his subtlety in the challenge though.

Stroller, I think I have confused you.

Another thread hijacked. Why don't you take all this bullshlt back on to the bennies board where it belongs.

Er, cuz I'm banned.

Being pedantic, I'm signed up to footy mad and can use whatever board I wish if not banned. This notion of ownership by fans to the board with their team on is nonsense. It's just a convenience provided for free.

Anyway, appreciate chatting with the other Wolves fans on here and those that also use the Albiond board.

Always had to laugh at using the word hijacked on a message board. It makes threads sound uber important and sacrosanct. It's only internet chat, not a UN resolution.

Ciao

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)