+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: £3 for Tony

£3 for Tony

Been thinking.

Some people did a fantastic job with the T-Shirts 'Ambitious, but Brilliant...'

Been thinking though. What have we ever done for Tony after he spent £20m on us?

Certain clubs get remembered for certain ideas. Spaniards wave their white hankys when the game is poor. Some clubs wave scarves around their heads. Just look how the inflatables (Norwich, I think?) in the late 80's became popular.

Well, how about we all invest in a £3 yellow tie that we can windmill around our heads when we score goals? How fab / funny would that look?

Maybe it's the yellow tie that not only symbolises what Tony has done for each and every one of us, but also could be the new emblem to show that we are once again all 'united'.

A cheap tie, less than a match day programme, would get the football world wondering what we are doing. It would be unique and ours.

Just a thought.

Have already ordered mine just for match days... - [url=www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&

re: £3 for Tony

Good idea. Maybe a yellow spotted hankie would be easier for people to carry and produce/wave when required? The club should sell them and donate profits to charity.

I think it was Man City who started the inflatables fad with bananas.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller
    Good idea. Maybe a yellow spotted hankie would be easier for people to carry and produce/wave when required? The club should sell them and donate profits to charity.

Give Over Camiller the west stand is full of football hooligans This Stand will not be waving yellow hankies :/ :/ :/ :/

I'll buy one if I can put it around my head, Rambo style

Quote Originally Posted by shiregreenmillers

Give Over Camiller the west stand is full of football hooligans This Stand will not be waving yellow hankies :/ :/ :/ :/[/quote]

...and there was I thinking Darwin's theory had finally started to be proved in Rotherham

Maybe silk scarves round the wrists then?

Quote Originally Posted by millertop
    I'll buy one if I can put it around my head, Rambo style
    You're in the west stand millertop you're with us

I'd have said a light bulb but those numptys at G4 would have summat to say about that no doubt