+ Visit Nottingham Forest FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Apologies for a new thread...

Apologies for a new thread...

Quote Originally Posted by Romanis
    There's no further need to open threads regarding this.

I didn't want to start a new thread as it clogs the board, but you locked the other so I can't reply on that one. As you seem to realise, I have been posting on this forum much longer than you. I've never been in trouble before Basie then you came along. I'm struggling to understand why posts that wouldn't have raised an eyebrow for nine and a half years are suddenly deemed worthy of a ban.

I have always tried to post within the rules. Now it seems whatever I post will be seen as breaking one. Of course you don't have to answer my questions, I can't make you. It's just that for the sake of your own credibility in the eyes of others, I thought you would have wanted to.

re: Apologies for a new thread...

1. Your posting style until last year was okay. It has changed to something unwanted here. You have become disruptive, provocative and altogether hostile.

2. When appointed as Mod, in regards to you, the Editor said discretion shall lie with the Mods and Forest users here.

You go back to the way you posted before the end of last year and there will be no issue. You wanna be sarcastic fine, you wanna poke fun, by all means. You wanna insult, demand answers and take I'm always right, everyone here is wrong or dumb, then bye bye.

You post that's it. People reply positively or negatively, so be it. No such thing, I must have the final word. People mention me, means I must reply. All this is no longer welcome here. Your point of view is your right. There's no need to belabour it. Remember this is a Forest board above all else. Even the Derby fans recognise this, they post their view, have a bit of back and forth where it's required or just leave it at that.

I have better things to do

2. When appointed as Mod, in regards to you, the Editor said discretion shall lie with the Mods and Forest users here.

I'm not quite sure what you're saying there.

Are you saying that when you were appointed mod, you and the site editor discussed me specifically??? I would be amazed if I was given that much importance so please correct me if I'm wrong. I realise this 'discretion' thing can mean whatever you want it to mean, which is fine as long as it's applied fairly and equally.

That was a key factor in our discussion

To deal with the issues you were bringing to bear here.

As for fairness, all I can say is that Forest users will get extra leeway. If a thread is disrupted because of an argument between you and a Forest user, I will either delete or impose a caution on you.

But if it's a disagreement as a matter of perception or difference of opinion, I will let it slide as has been the case between us and Derby fans, whom many here regard as our main rivals.

Ignorance is bliss, use it. State your point and ignore those who disagree. That would be my best advice to you.

Anyway there's no use for me to keep reiterating stuff, just post and if it's improper I'll flag you.

Look at Soccerman/Joe Pass. He posts, he gets carded and whoosh he comes back as if nothing happened.

That's how easy it is. You post, if I object - (warning), deletion or 1 day ban and you're back. But belabour it, I have to stop you for longer.

As for fairness, all I can say is that Forest users will get extra leeway.
    In other words, there will be no fairness.

A strange way for a moderator to operate in my opinion, but at least you're honest.

You're at a disadvantage before you start anything on here because you don't support Forest and you're openly hostile and certainly argumentative. My take on this is that all you want is arguments.
    We take you on in discussion and it's always the same - you won't quit until we agree you are right and it goes on and on and on...

Calling us 'scum' on NCM doesn't go unnoticed (there aren't many on there who call us this but it seems to be a pathetic way of earning kudos on there)

EP, I am not going to get in a flaming argument here. But the one thing I will say, is stop claiming you are innocent and saying Romanis isn't being fair. He's being more than fair with you. Try this on Claret Tony and see how far you get. You'll get about 3 words out.

All mods have discretion whether you like it or not.

As I said earlier. I have only ever had 1 yellow in all my time.

Surprise, surprise it was on your board.
    My crime? I typed=

"we won" The mod carded me because Notts had lost and he was in a bad mood and couldn't face me on your board. So don't give me the victim thing.

Like dam says, I too have relented and read your insults on NCM. It certainly will not get you any sympathy here.
    Exactly why either myself or anyone else, should have to run to NCM to answer your conspiracies. Whilst NFFC went through 24 hours of utter mayhem is beyond me.
    It was a Forest issue and needed discussing on here NOT on NCM.

Now I am asking you nicely. Cut the crap out and please

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie
    As for fairness, all I can say is that Forest users will get extra leeway.
    In other words, there will be no fairness.

A strange way for a moderator to operate in my opinion, but at least you're honest.[/quote]

You see this is another way you get into arguments, cherry picking.
    Did you read the whole line in the context I meant it.

Eg: you go to a neighbours house and have a disagreement with the family there. Maybe you might be right, maybe you're wrong, but who must the person in charge there support or do, in order for peace to prevail? You or his family members?

My duty here is for the fans here, you can ignore it or have your take, but people have said this board is always being disrupted or other fans are doing things. They are tired about arguments, they wanna talk football - mainly Forest football or Tier 2 footy.

All that has ended these past 10 days, people are happy now,

You want equality, absolute fairness and freedom of speech here, fine - become a Forest fan, and you'll get a large dose of it.

That is absolutely the last thing I would want, and I don't mean becoming a Forest fan. I would hate to enter a contest (I call it discussion, you call it argument) where the refereee (moderator) is biased in my favour. Any victory would be worthless unless it was achieved fairly.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast