+ Visit Wigan Athletic FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pathetic Crowd

re: Pathetic Crowd

No, it's because of posters like you who have nothing to say, apart from insulting other posters. There are one or two on here who fall into this category, including your good self. Please go to another forum, and leave a bit of space for posters who do have something intelligent to say.

I will post were the hell I like mon You only appear on here when things are on the slide never had a good thing to say about the club but knocking it seems to be a bit of an ritual for your self

Quote Originally Posted by laticRMI
    No, it's because of posters like you who have nothing to say, apart from insulting other posters. There are one or two on here who fall into this category, including your good self. Please go to another forum, and leave a bit of space for posters who do have something intelligent to say.
    guffaw! geet way way more than 'one or two' ya numb nut gobshoit

Another mediocre performance - in front of a proper Championship crowd of over 20,000. Our game against Blackpool is now of massive significance - another defeat against our bogey team of recent seasons - a team in almost total disarray - and we could be bottom of the table. What a great start to the season!

Could be a total disaster, attendance-wise as well - below 10,000? Let's all turn out in big numbers to give the team - and our chairman - a real boost to get the season going. If not, I fear a relegation battle. Was Owen Coyle any worse than our current 'boss', I wonder? Brentford seem to be doing OK without him - maybe Mark Warburton was the real reason behind their success. Tony Pulis, anyone? :/

just look at the team he picked tonight how can anyone defend that fu cking pricless if that's not negative I don't know what is and I would take pulis in a heart beat
    Another mediocre performance - in front of a proper Championship crowd of over 20,000. Our game against Blackpool is now of massive significance - another defeat against our bogey team of recent seasons - a team in almost total disarray - and we could be bottom of the table. What a great start to the season!

Could be a total disaster, attendance-wise as well - below 10,000? Let's all turn out in big numbers to give the team - and our chairman - a real boost to get the season going. If not, I fear a relegation battle. Was Owen Coyle any worse than our current 'boss', I wonder? Brentford seem to be doing OK without him - maybe Mark Warburton was the real reason behind their success. Tony Pulis, anyone? :/

ah Mr Crowd assessor is back here's a fact chum Cardiff have a population of 346000 people and have one team in there immediate area .Wigan has a borough have 317000 but has a town 87000 surely your not descending to Bo

However ...most clubs don't just rely on the local population for support in the top leagues. Also, the metropolitan area of Wigan has a population not too dissimilar to that of Cardiff. Anyway, if that is the potential support on which the club - and you - estimate its fan base, then, we should be thinking of league 1 or 2 not the Premier League. Also, the price of tickets to the DW are about the lowest in the league. What do fans expect - free tickets to every game?

I think that you miss the essential point of my regular references to the poor support. The point is that fans can't really expect Premier League or even Championship football with that kind of support. Yet, many people on here and other forums seem to think that it is a God-given right for us to have top league football. Dave Whelan can't subsidise the whole thing for ever. I live in Nottingham and know that Forest, for example, have the fan base plus rich Kuwaiti backers.

Let's start being realistic is my point. Unles

Depends what you count as loyal fans really compared to our first venture in the championship in 2002 like for like that attendance against Reading is up by three thousand compared to our first fixture in that league.

In that first season in the championship we averaged between 10000 to 11000 that was only boosted by the run in when a few more joined the frey the biggest attendance that season was the Sunderland game when they filled the East stand with 7000 plus supporters

In the premiership apart from the first season which was our most successfull points wise and a visit to Cardiff for the league cup final the average has been about 14000 home fans now I dont know how many fans Reading brought as i did not attend the game but say 11500 home fans is in general an increase in our first season in this division back in 2003

There are plenty of games to go yet without thinking fans will drift off when obviously we have an hardcore of 11000 home speccies the true test could be midwee

Spot on Les, apart from us being a small town, with 4 city clubs within 20 miles we have the age-old Wigan problem. The majority of people in this town want both its teams to do well, however when it comes to turning up, if it costs and if it can be done from an armchair or the pub then that's what Wiganers do.

Can't compare our support to that of a city club, but Wiganers aren't great when it comes to sticking by their team.

your just a prat simple as i will say no more your gullible and believe we have no money to spend
    Quote Originally Posted by Les_bradds_lad

ah Mr Crowd assessor is back here's a fact chum Cardiff have a po

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)