+ Visit Nottingham Forest FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Prime Directive Ignored.

re: Prime Directive Ignored.

Maybe you should get your facts right, surely you mean Chamberlain and not Attlee. Hitler and his henchmen never killed anyone, it was those who blindly obeyed him and started to kill those they didn't know and have never met and probably would have liked if they ever met. Of course then it became a people's a war of survival to the end. How many conflicts today are wars of survival and not just of greed,acquisition and racial prejudice.But then again for you war is good because it brings real progress although it's difficult to see how the Holocaust affected our material wellbeing.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBasie
    Maybe you should get your facts right, surely you mean Chamberlain and not Attlee. Hitler and his henchmen never killed anyone, it was those who blindly obeyed him and started to kill those they didn't know and have never met and probably would have liked if they ever met. Of course then it became a people's a war of survival to the end. How many conflicts today are wars of survival and not just of greed,acquisition and racial prejudice.But then again for you war is good because it brings real progress although it's difficult to see how the Holocaust affected our material wellbeing.
    Have you Been to war basie ? because i CAN assure you there is not a lot of love lost between us and the radicalised " muslim " taliban

To quote Kennedy on the nuclear option:

Only when we have arms sufficient beyond doubt can we be certain beyond doubt that they will never be employed.

Basie most of what you say, is from a flower power perspective.
    You make me sound out to be a war monger?
    Not at all. However, I may never have started a fight in my life, but I have bloody well finished them.
    If everything was from the way you want it to be, then great. But it isn't is it?
    IT'S IN OUR NATURE. THE STRONG PREY ON THE WEAK.

So for me,

Quote Originally Posted by Romanis

Only when we have arms sufficient beyond doubt can we be certain beyond doubt that they will never be employed.
    Deployed*

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds

Deployed*[/quote]

Knobhead, he used employed.

It's taken from his inaugural address.
    Another line I like:

Let every nation know, whether it wish us well or ill, that we'll pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend or oppose any foe, to assure the survival and success of liberty, this much we pledge and more..

Quote Originally Posted by Romanis

Deployed*[/quote]

Knobhead, he used employed.

It's taken from his inaugural address.
    Another line I like:

Let every nation know, whether it wish us well or ill, that we'll pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend or oppose any foe, to assure the survival and success of liberty, this much we pledge and more..[/quote]

I'll bet it was in better English than that though.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds
    Here's a poser for you Basil.
    We are all harmonic and brothers.
    Should we lay down every gun/bomb/missile/nuke/biochemical and devote all our efforts to planting marigolds? how would the world fare?

The world would obviously be a much happier place.

Unless you dislike marigolds.

Planting lots of marigolds is not a good idea and is bad ecology just like Forestry Commission conifer plantations.They are monocultures which become sterile areas which do not attract wildlife. There are much more better things to do like the restoration of ancient woodlands in the proposed National Forest just south of here,also restoring natural river meadows like the Green Prince has suggested and don't forget we do with natural wetlands to combat flooding caused by climate change and gardens being converted into car parks. Lots and lots to do for war junkies like yourself if you should decide to convert your swords into ploughshares.

Planting lots of marigolds is not a good idea and is bad ecology just like Forestry Commission conifer plantations.They are monocultures which become sterile areas which do not attract wildlife. There are much more better things to do like the restoration of ancient woodlands in the proposed National Forest just south of here,also restoring natural river meadows like the Green Prince has suggested and don't forget we do with more natural wetlands to combat flooding caused by climate change and gardens being converted into car parks. Lots and lots to do for war junkies like yourself if you should decide to convert your swords into ploughshares.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast