+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are we guilty?

Are we guilty?

Are we guilty of trying to be too perfect when we are in oppositions penalty area? Too many passes to get the perfect shot? Too much holding on to the ball? Should Dawkins should shoot more often?

re: Are we guilty?

One of the problems is by the time we get in the area there are too many defenders between the player with the ball and the goal. We should try shooting outside the area sometimes. As for Dawkins I wouldn't shoot him, he's not that bad.

We seem to have a reputation in the media for being quick on the counter and that is possibly true when we go for it. Trouble is if we play a slower tempo and tippy tappy out from the back they get 9 men behind the ball. We don't have the ball players to counter that.

When Keogh does one of his drop the shoulder and side foot it across to the left you know it will go wide to the full back , the opposition have tons of time to get back in force,then the ball gets crossed into a packed area. With no good result.

We are often more effective if he surges forward then plays it off.

Quote Originally Posted by ramspride
    One of the problems is by the time we get in the area there are too many defenders between the player with the ball and the goal. We should try shooting outside the area sometimes. As for Dawkins I wouldn't shoot him, he's not that bad.
    I like Dawkins best game for him was against Blackpool at the ipro i just think he needs one touch too many alot of the time.

I said this a lot last season and it's continuing this,albeit early doors.
    We play lovely little passing moves which entertain and delight but where is the player who will see an opportunity and have a blast from 25/30 yards.We have players well capable of this but it seems to be that they would prefer to walk the ball in and you can't often do that when the opposition defence has sussed you out.

I think sometimes at the moment Dawkins is being singled out for his contribution or lack of it. He does contribute - he is quick footed and rarely loses the ball and his passing is accurate - both Ward and Russell have been prone to losing possession, the nature of their approach play can create great opportunities or put us massively on the back foot if we lose possession and have committed people forward.
    Dawkins by keeping possession allows the fullback (whichever side he is playing) support the attack in the relative confidence that they will receive a decent pass that they can build on and won't have a lung bursting 70 yard sprint forward just to see a poor pass mean they are out of position and requiring a pant filling sprint back!
    I like him and what he is capable of offering the team with regards keeping possession and helping the fullbacks get involved.

So we're pretty much Arsenal

Quote Originally Posted by RamFromCornwall
    Well almost like Arsenal, the first 4 letters anyway.

OF COURSE YOU'RE BLOODY GUILTY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Romanis
    Well almost like Arsenal, the first 4 letters anyway.[/quote]

I'm pretty sure if anyone is the first 4 letters of Arsenal it is you as it was definitely a case of ****(nal) rape when we last played you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)