+ Visit Sheffield Wednesday FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: 12 Games and 8 years

12 Games and 8 years

...since you lads managed to beat the super Rams. It took an ex-Derby player to score against us on that day!!
    You seem to have got off to a good start this season. I have a feeling that the law of averages, your new striker Stevie May, and Stuart Gray doing a good job with limited resources, means that this will be a close game.
    You should have got something out of last seasons game at Hillsborough. I could not believe the difference between that game and the one earlier in the season at Pride Park.

Forget Forest...for a Derby fan living in Sheffield this is the big one. If you had some decent investment you will be a force to be reckoned with.

re: 12 Games and 8 years

hi Sheffieldrams...

more important than investment is the team spirit that Mr Gray has instilled in our lads, he's turned what is basically Dave Jones's team into a good, strong team.

you say...'law of averages'...well, Laws started off well but fizzled out, we've progressed well since Dave Jones went.

I'm not too sure that it will be a 'close' game, we're capable of better than a lot of people think.

good luck for the season, except for when you meet us of course, you're amongst the favourites to go up...added pressure?

ray...in Batley.

On the other side of the World at the Mo but will be back for my Wonderful Wednesday sticking it up my Mother County...WTID...thanks Grandad... ...

A mate of mine is a Derby fan. I didn't realise that we haven't had a victory against you in so long...suppose the run has to come to an end soon?

Gray has/is doing a brilliant job and has turned us into a solid unit. You can see that the squad have a huge amount of respect for him and are willing to put a shift in.

Fantastic management to sell Antonio (making a profit in the process) and to then reinvest the money on a quality striker with bags of potential.

After all that's happened behind the scenes, it certainly doesn't look like a team that's 'apparently' distracted by the off-field antics; Gray wouldn't let that happen.

As for Derby, very impressive last season and raised a few eyebrows with the way they played their football. It will be interesting to see if you can carry on now that you have the added pressure of 'bookies favourite'.

Enjoy the game.

Be leaving from the smoke in about 30 mins. Really looking forward to this, big crowd, Weds on a high after a great win on the south coast.
    Always a challenge at your gaff regardless on 8 years etc.
    Two proper clubs toe to toe.
    COYR.

Good game today for a 0-0. Could have gone either way, you had more chances but we should have scored second half.
    Both teams will be there or there abouts I think.

Tbh when you should have scored second half with the one on one it looked a mile offside.
    The ref was a joke.
    Every time we attempted to break up the park one of your players was either shirt pulling or simply fouling ours.
    This happened three times on Steve May and the ref did nothing...

All that said...A decent game and like you say, both teams could have won it.

Great game. I was very impressed with the way we performed against one of the strongest teams in this division.

Will Hughes was very impressive for Derby, I think he will have a bright future. The draw was the right result, as you said, it could have gone either way and both teams had chances to win.

Great touch by your fans to join in with the applause on the 33rd minute. I was left with goosebumps by witnessing two sets of 'rival' supporters uniting in such a respectable way. If it brings just that little bit of comfort to the family, then it's certainly worth it.

Agreed Roth...I said to my lad, look at the Derby fans all stood up and clapping with us...Really was great to see.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)