+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Yubby's outback adventures

re: Yubby's outback adventures

collected a pigeon yesterday.

and 3 hrs from home $900 of fines. ooops

$900 bro?

What were you doing? Attempting to break the land speed record or something?

Nah.

True story, honest.

I was 1 hr in and I filled up with fuel and I checked the pressure of my tyres, I then noticed my rego was out of date by 2 months.

I wondered why I hadn't received my renewal notice, but thought I must of not changed my address,when I got this car and changed the ownership.

It was about the same time my wife and I broke up. And of course we sold the house a couple of months later.

Anyway 6 hrs later this policemen checked my car as I drove past and it came up as unregistered. He was just doing his job, but I was hoping for leniency.

But seriously how many times have the police heard I just found out this morning...

But it was the truth, and with a 10 hr drive and only 1/2 hr to play with, I wasn't going to try to fix the rego pior, but I had an hour after the school pick up which is when I had planned to renew the rego.

Sorry to hear that yubby. 900 is harsh! You can buy a car for that.

Easily done Yubby, especially when you have a lot going on and moving home etc. As you say though, the oop will have heard it a thousand times before ... no way of telling who is genuine or not.

What bad luck that you'd been driving round like that for 2 months without a peep then the day you find out and plan to renew it then ... busted! Ouch!

Tis all good.

I'm not angry or bitter, and funny enough apart from the obvious, I've actually learnt other things from the experience

Last tour, I was working along side a lot of conveyor belts carrying coal to the main wash plant, and on this occasion I was servicing hose reels along a belt that had its walkway partially covered with coal.
    Now as I was walking up a small incline I saw a large piece of coal sway, and as I passed the coal I paused and turned to look at the swaying coal which turned out to be a crow.
    I called out to the coal like crow, which didn't move. Was he dead? had he been hit in the head by a piece of coal? was he sleeping? So I clapped my hands and yelled, this time the semi conscious crow half opened his eyes, and had a little look around, oblivious I was even there, even though I almost stood on him seconds ago and now stood 1 metre away.
    The third time I stomped my foot clapped my hands and yelled, this worked the crow awoke startled, and within seconds realised he was looking straight at this odd looking coal miner.

Twas very very funny, and I wish I had of recorded it.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)