+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: WE NEED A NEW MANAGER WHO CAN DO THE BASICS!!!

WE NEED A NEW MANAGER WHO CAN DO THE BASICS!!!

When I say basics I mean:
    1) Get the team fit - a few double sessions for the foreseeable future wouldn't go amiss.
    2)Clear out the players who either can't or won't perform - too many have been getting away with sub-standard performances and still getting a start.
    3) Train and organise the team so they recognise each other on the pitch and play like a team.
    4) And last but not least - inspire the players by showing some knowledge of the game and tactics - to guide them during the hard times.
    McCall is the Captain on the Titanic - leading us back towards the iceberg that is Administration - he is killing our club - it is time to take the initiative and relieve him of his duties.

re: WE NEED A NEW MANAGER WHO CAN DO THE BASICS!!!

Sorry, Maestro91, but I cannot agree with that. He is the best manager we have had since Tommy Mclean and his track record of third, second and second proves that. Do you think he somehow got lucky for three years with his tactics, training and player recruitment? Look what he did last year having lost half his first team.
    Am I happy with the results right now – no? Is McCall – no? Is the team – no? But to follow the path you suggest is not the answer.
    They have been crippled by injuries (I think we see what a gem of a man we had in John Porteous) and we are experiencing the inevitable decline that a club with limited resources will face – we cannot sustain the performance of the last three seasons with the resources we have. To do what he has done at Fir Park has been a quite fantastic and extended period of very good management.
    We are lucky to have him and you will only see that once he goes. No-one could have done better - aside from the Rovers and Stjarnan results which were real

I don't have a personal dislike for Stuart McCall but since he has been here the fitness of the players has not been of a standard that is acceptable. Contracts have been given without merit. And I don't like to return to the old problem of his lack of tactical expertise - but it is well documented over his period in charge. Without doubt John Porteous is a big loss as he was an expert in his field.
    I just want him to be harder on the players as they are putting in poor performances time and again and still getting their start. Players like Leitch will never gain the experience and confidence required if watching players play badly and still get started before them.

[quote="Gowboy"]Sorry, Maestro91, but I cannot agree with that. He is the best manager we have had since Tommy Mclean and his track record of third, second and second proves that. Do you think he somehow got lucky for three years with his tactics, training and player recruitment? Look what he did last year having lost half his first team.
    Am I happy with the results right now – no? Is McCall – no? Is the team – no? But to follow the path you suggest is not the answer.
    They have been crippled by injuries (I think we see what a gem of a man we had in John Porteous) and we are experiencing the inevitable decline that a club with limited resources will face – we cannot sustain the performance of the last three seasons with the resources we have. To do what he has done at Fir Park has been a quite fantastic and extended period of very good management.
    We are lucky to have him and you will only see that once he goes. No-one could have done better - aside from the

Saturdays team was fielded due to injury in the back line. If it was up to McCall then he'd have Hammell and Ramsden in that line up ahead of Kerr and Ferg.

You can't slate somebody because the team are going though a difficult situation with injuries; that's just unfair. It was very clear the addition qualities that Hammell brings to the left back position when replaced with Ferguson, linking up with the midfield and in many cases crossing balls in for the likes of Sutton.

What you can slate is the total lack of ability the midfield showed, in lazley and carswell.

Personally, the only way i can see both getting the message through to them is to drop carswell for leich (who i rate as a better player outright) and to give the captaincy to McManus (who i believe is a better candidate to be captain in the first place)

Calling for his head is a bit over the top however i do question his transfers ojamaa and o brien really best efforts we can do...

I do think the club as a whole since dempster left for me doesnt know wtf they are doing seems they done the norm place with cheapier opition.

JP left and our injury troubles seem to be worse than ever.

I wish McCall had left during the summer as i think his good efforts shall be forgotten due to the state the club is in right now a total mess...

Quote Originally Posted by Half_Can_Dan
    Calling for his head is a bit over the top however i do question his transfers ojamaa and o brien really best efforts we can do...

I do think the club as a whole since dempster left for me doesnt know wtf they are doing seems they done the norm place with cheapier opition.

JP left and our injury troubles seem to be worse than ever.

I wish McCall had left during the summer as i think his good efforts shall be forgotten due to the state the club is in right now a total mess...
    Even under Dempster mate the PR was utter sh1te and were well down the road of peddling depression and despair to the fans long before Dempster left. With 3500 home fans what options is there but to do everything on the cheap. Do we seriously think we can attract better than McCall with a plummeting fan base.

The club need to get their finger out their @rse and start talking things up to rally fans who are drifting away at an alarming rate. They need t

There is only two ways we will lose our manager he resigns or goes to another club,other than that we cant afford to sack him we dont have the funds to do so.

Just need to bite the bullet and hope we get better,and just take the rough with the smooth.
    BUY THE TICKET AND TAKE THE RIDE. Thats my view on Motherwell.

Sacking the manager is just plane crazy talk. Yes he's made mistakes, every manager does. I'm sick of all the cup debacles over the past few years but his league record stand up with the best. I think our troubles are higher up. We have someone who was doing stuff for the clubs web site now running the place, that strikes of desperation for me. I don't think we have adequatley replaced our physio who was regarded as one of the best in the business. McCall has his faults, he hasn't got the team anywhere near fit, or prepared properly for the start of the season, but i do think to call for his head is a wee bit harsh.

[quote="steviex"]Sorry, Maestro91, but I cannot agree with that. He is the best manager we have had since Tommy Mclean and his track record of third, second and second proves that. Do you think he somehow got lucky for three years with his tactics, training and player recruitment? Look what he did last year having lost half his first team.
    We are lucky to have him and you will only see that once he goes. N

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)