+ Visit Bolton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Appoint From Within

Appoint From Within

It's gone too far now.

We've tried 4-5-1 and 4-4-2 and neither work, home or away.

The players are Dougie's. He's got rid of the high-earning wasters and has blooded younger players like Threlkeld, White and Wilkinson. It's still not worked.

We simply can't afford to sack him and his team and then pay a new manager and his team on top of the required payoffs.

So why not put Jimmy Phillips in, assisted by David Lee. Jimmy did ok after Coyle left and surely can't do worse than 1 point from 4 games. They are already employed by BWFC so it solves the problem. Yes we'd have to pay Dougie and his crew off but we would be spending that money anyway so would be no worse off financially.

I still reserve most of my bile for the players as they simply don't appear able to play one of 2 simple systems that have been around since the birth of football, however, the bucks stops with the manager so Freedman Out, Phillips In is my solution!!!!!

re: Appoint From Within

[quote="JimmyJazz64"]It's gone too far now.

We've tried 4-5-1 and 4-4-2 and neither work, home or away.

The players are Dougie's. He's got rid of the high-earning wasters and has blooded younger players like Threlkeld, White and Wilkinson. It's still not worked.

We simply can't afford to sack him and his team and then pay a new manager and his team on top of the required payoffs.

So why not put Jimmy Phillips in, assisted by David Lee. Jimmy did ok after Coyle left and surely can't do worse than 1 point from 4 games. They are already employed by BWFC so it solves the problem. Yes we'd have to pay Dougie and his crew off but we would be spending that money anyway so would be no worse off financially.

I still reserve most of my bile for the players as they simply don't appear able to play one of 2 simple systems that have been around since the birth of football, however, the bucks stops with the manager so Freedman Out, Phillips In is my solution!!!!![/q

Must admit, I'm not sure quite how it works.

If Freedman really is out of contract this summer, and he only signed a £3m contract to begin with, it's hard to see how it would cost a fortune to sack him.

I find the idea of JP stepping up very underwhelming - I wasn't that impressed with the three matches where he and a couple of others stepped in after Coyle was sacked, not that it's fair to judge a manager on three matches.

In answer to appointme's question earlier, I haven't the foggiest where we go from here.

Without any money what can we do.

I don't see another solution do you danm?

Unless the board surprise us by providing money for someone it's either Freedman or Phillips.

I'm not overwhelmed myself but give me a solution that will do that

Are we at the point where every single Bolton supporter would have Dougie out the door right now!

Regardless of cash issues, lack of any serious replacements and all thos other views, I think we are pretty much at the view point that enough is enough. I think nearly all fans have been patient enough and given him time to build a squad that at least is starting to show some potential even if not challenging for promotion.

The sad reality is that we are no better (maybe even worse) than we were with all the "big time charlies"

Is Chris Eagles really no better than these spineless ****ers?

It usually follows that once there is unity amongst fans that a manager needs to go then it is not long before he does!

I think a lot of this debt bullsh1t is just that.

Eddie davies owes himself £160m in reality.

Well if I owe myself £100 then I am no richer or poorer than if I didn't! I think its all crap made up by Eddie swindling money from one company to another and several offshore bank accounts to suit himself rather than the club or any of us. Maybe the club owes itself? so much money because of the payments on loans? to ED with a massive interest rate compared to what banks charge. Most of this debt built up while the club was enjoying its most financially rewarding period ever in the premier league. Something really doesn't add up!

And the FFP is a load of rubbish as well, we could just do what City have done and have ED's company sponsor the club for whatever amnount he wished to give us to sort the team out and we would be safe from any FFP implications. But have we done that? no, Bolton fkin Uni is all over our shirts and we then claim we cant afford to sack Dougie! Im not so sure thi

[quote="leebwfc"]I think a lot of this debt bullsh1t is just that.

Eddie davies owes himself £160m in reality.

Well if I owe myself £100 then I am no richer or poorer than if I didn't! I think its all crap made up by Eddie swindling money from one company to another and several offshore bank accounts to suit himself rather than the club or any of us. Maybe the club owes itself? so much money because of the payments on loans? to ED with a massive interest rate compared to what banks charge. Most of this debt built up while the club was enjoying its most financially rewarding period ever in the premier league. Something really doesn't add up!

And the FFP is a load of rubbish as well, we could just do what City have done and have ED's company sponsor the club for whatever amnount he wished to give us to sort the team out and we would be safe from any FFP implications. But have we done that? no, Bolton fkin Uni is all over our shirts and we then claim we c

Well, dougie has been here for nearly 2 years now and the question is, have we improved under dougie in these last 2 years since coyle was sacked? No we ****ing haven't and I remember gartside saying he wanted progress when he hired dougie. I think 2 long years is more than enough so sort it out sharpish before us bwfc fans all start cancelling our direct debits.

Gary its all about Davies and Gartside spending as little as they can on players,manager and there wages and charging the fans as much as they can to watch this garbage!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)