+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Point gained?

Point gained?

Reasonable first half performance,horrendous own goal giving us the lead.Settle for that? Aye.
    2nd half woeful,never looked liked scoring.Second fiddle all along.What the f?ck happened today?
    Where was the swagger etc.from last week?
    Still unbeaten but things will have to improve before the so called "big" teams come a knocking!

re: Point gained?

Wasn't too disappointed with that and would certainly have settled for a point with 18 mins to go. We were quite wasteful of chances in the first half and the own goal was the least we deserved . Livy had a few of their own in second half . Thought we had snatched it after a great move by Baird and Kidd but keeper produced a top drawer save. Queens are not going to win every week and some should get used to that fact in such a tight league . We are doing rather well at the moment though ( two wins and a draw)

Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG
    Wasn't too disappointed with that and would certainly have settled for a point with 18 mins to go. We were quite wasteful of chances in the first half and the own goal was the least we deserved . Livy had a few of their own in second half . Thought we had snatched it after a great move by Baird and Kidd but keeper produced a top drawer save. Queens are not going to win every week and some should get used to that fact in such a tight league . We are doing rather well at the moment though ( two wins and a draw)

Agree with you re the 18 minutes but many in the main stand seemed to think we should have been going for the win, shouting at Zander to hurry up and JM trying to calm the fans down.

Pretty obvious at that stage a point was a good result and slowing the game down was the right thing to do.

For me a hugely disappointing result after dominating the first half - don't remember Livvy having a single shot in that period and we wasted several great chances.

It was pretty obvious from the start of the second half that Livvy had upped their tempo and we became really sluggish for some inexplicable reason. Thought Lyle and Reilly were off the pace today and we should have introduced Baird much earlier and tried to change the pattern of play. Couldn't understand Danny's withdrawal - thought he was playing really well.

Zander sold the jerseys with bad decision at penalty and I will refrain from saying exactly what I think about Fowler's stupidity.

Discipline will be key when we visit the big grounds and the crowd are baying for every decision - on the evidence of today we have work to do on that count.

Overall a big chance missed to consolidate our position at top of table. Livvy are a decent side but were there for the taking today and we didn't learn from the Challenge Cup ex

Agree with rjc_1988 one hundred per cent and no idea why after the break we resorted to punting high balls up the park. After a promising first half (although missing a couple of great chances) Queens were completely outplayed in the second period by a decent Livi team who, thankfully, were poor in front of goal.

No, this was a case of two points dropped. With Hearts, Hibs, Rangers and Falkirk in this league Livingston at home is exactly the type of game we need to win and should be winning - and if we can't we are in for a difficult season. Despite being marginally the better team in the first half it took a comical own goal by Livingston to give us the lead. In the second half Livingston were decidedly better than we were even before Fowler was sent off and in the end we were probably lucky to come away with a draw. However, as I have already said, I regard this not as a point gained but as two points lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Cresswell
    No, this was a case of two points dropped. With Hearts, Hibs, Rangers and Falkirk in this league Livingston at home is exactly the type of game we need to win and should be winning - and if we can't we are in for a difficult season. Despite being marginally the better team in the first half it took a comical own goal by Livingston to give us the lead. In the second half Livingston were decidedly better than we were even before Fowler was sent off and in the end we were probably lucky to come away with a draw. However, as I have already said, I regard this not as a point gained but as two points lost.
    Ok , would you agree also that in Livingston's case , with Rangers , Hearts and Hibs in the league , they would see Qos as a team they should be looking to defeat ?

[quote="rjc_1988"]For me a hugely disappointing result after dominating the first half - don't remember Livvy having a single shot in that period and we wasted several great chances.

It was pretty obvious from the start of the second half that Livvy had upped their tempo and we became really sluggish for some inexplicable reason. Thought Lyle and Reilly were off the pace today and we should have introduced Baird much earlier and tried to change the pattern of play. Couldn't understand Danny's withdrawal - thought he was playing really well.

Zander sold the jerseys with bad decision at penalty and I will refrain from saying exactly what I think about Fowler's stupidity.

Discipline will be key when we visit the big grounds and the crowd are baying for every decision - on the evidence of today we have work to do on that count.

Overall a big chance missed to consolidate our position at top of table. Livvy are a decent side but were there for the taking today

We fell out of the game second half and with a weak bench we just couldn't change things.

With Fowler suspended we are now without SIX of our regulars and in big trouble.

I can't see how we can't avoid a hiding in both fixtures at Livingston on Tuesday and at Hun HQ on Saturday.

I agree it was a weak bench but we had our main summer signing Baird who without picking up a niggling injury would have been our no one pick up front. It would surely have been sensible to bring him on early when it was obvious that the direction of travel had changed so dramatically from the first half.

It may not have made any difference to the result but it would have been a positive move especially with Lyle off colour.

on the bench we also had kevin and Kidd so we had options. The point is that by bringing them on after we lost the penalty the momentum had already been lost.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)