+ Visit Southampton FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Pelle

re: Pelle

Quote Originally Posted by PonyFiddlerReturns
    I think slagging a player off in only his second game in the Premier League in a side which is yet to gel is a bit embarrassing, give him a break. I can't believe some of our most f.uckwitted of fans were actually getting on his case today,...sigh

Just commenting on what I saw today.

It might only be a couple of games in but its already clear that he is not up to pace with the rest of the team.
    He hardly won a header all game, and when he did the crowd gave a cheer so there were plenty who felt as I did.
    What disappointed me the most was his basic ball control or lack of it, he couldn't keep anything to his feet at all.

My biggest concern is where our goals are going to come from, because if Pelle cant get them then relying on long to provide them is wishful thinking based on his goal record.
    At this moment in time I would have Long as our striker and have Pelle feeding him, based purely on Shanes pace

Quote Originally Posted by proclaimer
    +1

new country.

If I could head a ball in the UK, I don't see how I'd lose that ability if I went to any other country in the world. I'm only commenting on what I've seen so far, and hope he shows himself to be anything other than the dud he looks so far.

Given what we paid for Pelle, I don't see why I should be happy clappy about his performances to date?

Quote Originally Posted by proclaimer
    +1

new country, new team and only 2 games in.

Maybe he wont fit, maybe he will, but getting on someone's case never helped boost their confidence.
    But Italian fans say he was terrible in his old country, Italy. They described him as too slow and lazy for Serie A. He spent much of his career in Serie B.

He used to play for Cesena, where he was succeeded by Guly. What does Cecco think of him?

George Weah's cousin again?

Quote Originally Posted by OhWell
    +1

new country, new team and only 2 games in.

Maybe he wont fit, maybe he will, but getting on someone's case never helped boost their confidence.
    But Italian fans say he was terrible in his old country, Italy. They described him as too slow and lazy for Serie A. He spent much of his career in Serie B.

He used to play for Cesena, where he was succeeded by Guly. What does Cecco think of him?[/quote]

He was a promising young when played in the Cesena.
    But...was in Serie B.

He likes to the girls, is a nice boy.

Quote Originally Posted by theyak2
    Who the f@ck do you think you are? Your forwards aren't fit to lace the boots of Graziano Pelle, whoever they might be.

Division four toss. Give us a shout when your disgrace of a club has something to compare. Till then, crack on with your preparations for the mighty Cas Newedd!!

Division four!

Haven't seen him play so i can't comment on his performances so far, but it will always be difficult to replace a club legend like Rickie Lambert.

From what i've read he received very little service yesterday so seeing as Koeman wanted him it may be worth setting the team up to play to his strengths

Quote Originally Posted by theyak2

Probably thought the extra 'L' was a misspelling.

Quote Originally Posted by cunninglinguist

Probably thought the extra 'L' was a misspelling.[/quote]

Whiskey George signed a Pele when he was here a few years ago
    Pedro Pele was awful and was last seen playing for Havant & Waterlooville

Quote Originally Posted by ShottermillSaint
    Haven't seen him play so i can't comment on his performances so far, but it will always be difficult to replace a club legend like Rickie Lambert.

From what i've read he received very little service yesterday so seeing as Koeman wanted him it may be worth setting the team up to play to his strengths
    He had a lot of service, but almost every time he jumped for a header and missed. Hence the jeers when he finally made contact. Honestly I think he actually kicked the ball only twice; and it was the same in the Leverkusen game.

Serious coaching needed or a very, very poor signing.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast