+ Visit Southampton FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Pelle

re: Pelle

Quote Originally Posted by OhWell
    +1

new country, new team and only 2 games in.

Maybe he wont fit, maybe he will, but getting on someone's case never helped boost their confidence.
    But Italian fans say he was terrible in his old country, Italy. They described him as too slow and lazy for Serie A. He spent much of his career in Serie B.

[/quote]

May well be right but I can't recall too many examples where slagging someone off improved things.

Quote Originally Posted by Bazwalk
    Haven't seen him play so i can't comment on his performances so far, but it will always be difficult to replace a club legend like Rickie Lambert.

From what i've read he received very little service yesterday so seeing as Koeman wanted him it may be worth setting the team up to play to his strengths
    He had a lot of service, but almost every time he jumped for a header and missed. Hence the jeers when he finally made contact. Honestly I think he actually kicked the ball only twice; and it was the same in the Leverkusen game.

Serious coaching needed or a very, very poor signing.[/quote]

Fair enough
    Hopefully he'll play better against Wall on Tuesday with a moral boosting goal or 2 otherwise the West Ham defenders will have him on toast next saturday

Quote Originally Posted by proclaimer
    +1

Maybe he wont fit, maybe he will, but getting on someone's case never helped boost their confidence.
    But Italian fans say he was terrible in his old country, Italy. They described him as too slow and lazy for Serie A. He spent much of his career in Serie B.

[/quote]

May well be right but I can't recall too many examples where slagging someone off improved things.[/quote]

If he's not good enough, he's not good enough. From what we've seen of him so far, he's not good enough and no amount of happy clapping will change that.

Let's hope it's the fact he's in a foreign country which has made him forget how to play football and it'll come flooding back once he's happy in England.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtyweasel
    +1

[/quote]

May well be right but I can't recall too many examples where slagging someone off improved things.[/quote]

If he's not good enough, he's not good enough. From what we've seen of him so far, he's not good enough and no amount of happy clapping will change that.

Let's hope it's the fact he's in a foreign country which has made him forget how to play football and it'll come flooding back once he's happy in England.[/quote]

The truth is that neither Pelle nor Long is good enoug

I think you'll find that the money is safe, in a Swiss bank account.

Prepared to give him a bit more time to shine.

Quote Originally Posted by Bazwalk
    Haven't seen him play so i can't comment on his performances so far, but it will always be difficult to replace a club legend like Rickie Lambert.

From what i've read he received very little service yesterday so seeing as Koeman wanted him it may be worth setting the team up to play to his strengths
    He had a lot of service, but almost every time he jumped for a header and missed. Hence the jeers when he finally made contact. Honestly I think he actually kicked the ball only twice; and it was the same in the Leverkusen game.

Serious coaching needed or a very, very poor signing.[/quote]

Whilst that is true and his control and first touch were dreadful, all that service came with his back to goal and very little support.

Much like the first half at Liverpool, he was left far too isolated and with very little movement around him, so it's hardly surprising he didn't shine. I don't

Quote Originally Posted by Brockley_Jack
    Till then, crack on with your preparations for the mighty Cas Newedd!!
    It's Cas Newydd btw Brocks but NNTTM

A bit surprised to hear that you lot are 'pooping on your own' as you like to call it (and after just two games) didn't think you lot did that

SD
    Hope youre well.
    Jack is just getting her knickers in a twist. By the sounds of it theyve bought a dud. Too early to tell but its looking promising.

I think you two ladies are confusing Saints fans commenting on one of their players, with the bile and hatred the charity thieves are known to give po**ey players.

Spitting on your own manager was one of your classier moves

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast