+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Right-back

Right-back

Queens must try and get a right-back on loan as a matter of urgency.Dowie is doing a fine at the job at the moment, but our central defenders will be out with suspensions and possibly injuries.Where will that leave us? without another player filling in and and doing a capable job.Kidd is obviously far more suited to an attacking mid-field role and i don't think Hooper is quite ready for this level.So c'mon Jim get somebody in please before it's too late.

re: Right-back

Good shout Lefty. Dowie is better in the middle of the back four anyway, - so a stop-gap loan of a right back for a month or so would resolve a lot of issues.

Kidd cannot be risked at right back, and as you say, he is quite a handful going forward, almost scoring a peach of a goal on Saturday.

Hooper and Slattery are another year away from First Division status.

Quote Originally Posted by jardi

Hooper and Slattery are another year away from First Division status.
    Genuine question Jardi, McShane, Holt, and Reilly are all 21 and Kidd is 19, Slattery is 21. The others start or come on every/most weeks so why do you think at the same age Pat needs another year to make it to div 1 status?

Likewise Hooper, what have you seen that makes you think Scott will be ready for the first team next season?

Genuine answer: Both Hooper and Slats are excellent players, but some players mature at different ages for a host of different reasons, and I reckon they need a little time.

To be fair, I haven't seen Pat playing since before last summer, but I know the lad extremely well, and know that he recorded the best ever results in pre-season fitness tests. That being said, I would be reluctant to release him into the Lions den of the First Division with the baying loons of Ibrox on Saturday.

These two, plus the other players deserve a season in the 20's with Queens to hone their skills and their temperament to cope with a very difficult playing environment.

For that reason, I would bring in an on-loan right back as cover for Mitchell in the short term, rather than risking a career for the sake of plugging a short term gap.

Lewis Kidd's career was almost ended by a calamitous display at right back against Livi. Thank God the manager put him on the bench and has played him where he pla

could queens afford ex motherwell right back paul quinn free agent looking a return to scotland

Queens can afford another player . It's time Billy gave Jim Mc permission to sign a player to cover our injury crisis IMO

We need emergency loan for these injuries? A couple of bad results and it could easily turn from a great start to the season into panic stations.

Quote Originally Posted by aloreburn
    Queens can afford another player . It's time Billy gave Jim Mc permission to sign a player to cover our injury crisis IMO
    And you know we can afford it, how?

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)