+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Notts County off

Notts County off

At our request due to international call ups for Haber,Ray and Nolan (Northern Ireland U21s) plus Billy Waters on stand by for Wales U21s.

Haber has to go to a Toronto training camp followed by a '*****' friendly versus Jamaica.

Given our start, probably not a bad thing, cos they'll have 10 days to work on putting things right on the training pitch after Rochdale JPT game.

From a fan's perspective it's hopeless though, Saturday at 3pm is much preferred - it'll now probably be switched to a cold Tues night at the start of winter because some bloke has to go and train with his Canadian colleagues and play in a meaningless friendly - also if this happens again in October and November and March, it could leave us with a fixture backlog later in the season.

Looking at the international calendar, the Coventry and Chesterfield home games must be in danger of going the same way.If that happens, we'll have managed just four home league games on a Saturday before we play Doncaster at the end

re: Notts County off

I take your point DGFG, but not so long ago (OK several years ago!) we were glad of this rule when we were losing Jonah, Deano, Rodders, Sodje and others to various full international and age group matches.

I guess it shows how far we've fallen but we can't pick and choose. We might be glad of it later in the season when Haber and Waters are top of the scoring charts and Garratt has forced his way into the England set-up

We've never stood in the way of our lads who have got to an international level, and I hope we never will.
    Well done to all of them - including Haber, but I'd be well t'eed off if it was just imports who'd been called up. :-)

Totally agree about Tuesday night football instead of traditional Saturday afternoon, but then I am allowed to coz I've passed a few age-related milestones ... and hopefully a few more to come.

Couldn't make this game so well pleased.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexLeicester
    We've never stood in the way of our lads who have got to an international level, and I hope we never will.
    Well done to all of them - including Haber, but I'd be well t'eed off if it was just imports who'd been called up. :-)

Totally agree about Tuesday night football instead of traditional Saturday afternoon, but then I am allowed to coz I've passed a few age-related milestones ... and hopefully a few more to come.
    Wonder how many other League 1 clubs are having games postponed because of International call ups?
    Makes you feel good about supporting Crewe

That is really bad news. A whole month will have elapsed when we come to meet the Vale on 13th September, since our last home debacle against Rochdale. Not good for the home faithful. Bad fixture planning perhaps, with these "double" Saturday home / away games. I will be truly fed up for another two Saturdays.

Quote Originally Posted by out0lunch

Wonder how many other League 1 clubs are having games postponed because of International call ups?
    Makes you feel good about supporting Crewe[/quote]

There are currently 5 matches off on that date, not the Vale though

Makes me wonder why the Football League bothered scheduling League One fixtures that weekend.

Absolutely appalling fixture planning that we're scheduled to be at home on all three International fixture Saturdays before Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by DGFG
    Makes me wonder why the Football League bothered scheduling League One fixtures that weekend.

Absolutely appalling fixture planning that we're scheduled to be at home on all three International fixture Saturdays before Christmas.
    We will have plenty of Tuesday evening games to fit in then. Oh no!