+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Carlsberg Lounge

Carlsberg Lounge

My wife is a Bolton supporter and some of her relatives are coming down for the game with their children. We would like a meeting place for a drink before the game. Since the Bolton coaches are arriving at 7pm ideally we would be like to be close to the ground for a drink. Having not used the Carlsberg lounge before do we allow away supporters and young children?

If not can anyone suggest a nice family pub close to the ground where children will be welcome.

Thanks

re: Carlsberg Lounge

Cheshire Cheese is probably closest that fits your needs. As it's a restaurant as well then I am sure kids are welcome (well-behaved only - I do not want my quiet pint disturbed!).

Others may have their opinions, but the parking is good; it's a 10min max walk to the ground; and it's 2mins drive to the big car park on Gresty Road - which tonight will be near enough empty.

Do you not like kids AL ?

Quote Originally Posted by supercrewe
    Do you not like kids AL ?
    No when they are at that difficult age: too big for the microwave; too small to send up the chimney!

In fact I like kids that play their hearts out on a Saturday afternoon at Gresty Road. Haven't seen too much of that this season.

Carlsberg Lounge

Tbh after forty years of attending, I have come to the end of my tether with it.

I am fed up of seeing the kids.

If the academy costs £500k a year ,whilst the average wage (according to steve davis is £900 per week).

Why the hell do we not just sign 10 experienced players each season and rely less on the academy.

Naturally every club produces a player every season or two, so for me the era of producing players with the hope of selling them for a million is outdated.

Like any company has to do from time to time, now is the opportunity to change the business model !

You'll be fine using the Carlsberg Bar, or indeed the Alexandra Suite id imagine. Hopefully Bolton will bring a few make the attendance respectable!

Thanks, much appreciated. Bolton sold 600 tickets as of this morning.

On that information, Crewe fans could be out-numbered tonight.

Cheshire Cheese is shut for refit.

Quote Originally Posted by jwar123
    Cheshire Cheese is shut for refit.
    Thank you. Much appreciate that. :-D

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast