+ Visit West Ham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: That c*** Allardyce

re: That c*** Allardyce

i clock a few 'we don't need managers to motivate' posts

two questions

why has every team since the game has been invented, had one within earshot of the twenty two players on the park?

why do we pay one £60k a week?

Why do we pay Allardyce 6ok a week? Guess you'd better ask Sullivan that mate.

My point about motivation is that a professional sportsman should have, if he's any f_ucking good, a built in will to win. I was good enough to play in the old Football Combination a few times but I was nowhere near good enough to play at a higher level.

No amount of arm waving, shouting, kicks up the ass or arms round the shoulder was going to change that. But I wanted to win every game I played in. I can honestly say I always gave 100%, but, quite simply, others who gave the same effort were better players.

The fringe players who get picked for cup ties, not just at our club but all over the place, are given an opportunity to give the manager a nudge to say "Oi, pick me more regularly". If a player needs motivation to do that he should be out of the f_ucking door sharpish imo.

Be lucky.

i agree with a lot of that W

but i think it is in far shorter supply in 2014 than previous

youngsters today get too rich too quick and think they've cracked it all by 21 years of age

financially, they probably have

the hungrier the better, always

be lucky yourself mate

night night

I don't think people are saying that we don't need a manager to motivate , what people are saying , is after the players step oj to the pitch , then it's their turn to take on the responsibility and do the job they also get very well paid for .

It's all too easy to hide behind the manager while he takes the flack , but why don't they step up to the plate and prove they are also worth it .Seems funny how we are motivated at the start , untill we score , or ten minutes before the end, thats without BFS moving from his seat most of the time.

Imo if any player don't want / like playing for the manager then at least have the balls to say so or seek a transfer request . The same thing went on in Man U with David Moyes , cliche of players not performing because they didn't like the management or tactics . "There is no I in team " so they are all to blame imo.

I think you'll find in any workplace or team based sport, what their manager does plays a key role. He/she is setting and explaining the standard and dictating what is required. Personally, I think a presence on the touchline is preferable than not. At worst it makes no difference, at best, it does motivate some on the park.

Professional sports men and women are not robots. Whilst many are payed extremely well, they still need on occasions some form of motivation, some form of guidance at times to get to the end result. This is across all sports and footballers are no different.

Man management is a key aspect of any management position. Knowing when to put and arm round someone or knowing when to bollok. Knowing when to push someone that little bit harder or knowing when to dial down the pressure. That is motivation, that is knowing what is required to get that individual, and then hopefully the team as whole, preforming to the best of their abilities.

You can go out and spend 500-million on a team, pay each of them 8-million a year each, yet with no man management, no guidance, no motivation that team will struggle.

There are numerous examples of average players over performing, over achieving because of good management. They have received the right guidance, are given confidence and are motivated to

Agreed, but also wouldnt the way you portray yourself suggest manner? True it might not be, but Samantha, slouched in his seat chewing gum probably gave the impression that he couldnt careless and left aa few wondering what was said at half time. It did me, but to be honest i knew his thoughts on the cup so maybe read more into it.

Dont expect managers to be running up and down flapping their arms ready for lift off, but they could at least appear interested.

well said Frog

Sorry, eel

Aside from all the wonderful points of view, arguing and general bullsh1t so far in this topic. I would like to add the following;

Fat Head is an arrogant, ignorant tw@t
    His body language says that he could not give a sh1t
    The argument about playing the same team that beat Palace is utter cr@p. If Nolan was fit certain players in that team would not have played and would have probably featured in the cup game
    Fat Head has great motivation skills, he motivates me to want to crack open his skull everytime I see his face.

I think that covers everything so far

Quote Originally Posted by jon15u
    Agreed, but also wouldnt the way you portray yourself suggest manner? True it might not be, but Samantha, slouched in his seat chewing gum probably gave the impression that he couldnt careless and left aa few wondering what was said at half time. It did me, but to be honest i knew his thoughts on the cup so maybe read more into it.

Dont expect managers to be running up and down flapping their arms ready for lift off, but they could at least appear interested.
    What hasn't been considered is what goals has Fat Sam been given this year? What have our owners told him must be achieved? Doubt top of their priority list is winning the league cup. Their priority is not getting relegated and finishing as high as possible in the premier league. A decent cup run, an added bonus. Winning a cup, fantastic, but not at the expense of the league. I would suspect the majority of the fans would say the same, if not all of them out loud.

If we win

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)