+ Visit West Ham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: That c*** Allardyce

re: That c*** Allardyce

Quote Originally Posted by FLAIRON
    The Premiership is the Holy Grail in tems of revenue, so you cannot blame ANY Manager for making that his priority.

More so for Alladyce with the move to the Olympic Stadium only a couple of years away.

In all fairness, I would not complain if we played a bunch of the development squad. This is the tournament to blood the up and comers for me.

I like a cup run as much as the next fan, but would rather it be the FA Cup.

Well done to the Blades tonight. No great loss for us, so let's move on.

Sky generation fans are a big reason why football is dying. So sad to read posts like this.

As an outsider its obvious your owners are sticking with him to make sure your in the new stadium as a premiership team. Be caught in two minds if I was a hammer but can see what they're doing. You'll be safe this year for sure just have to put up with the neck ache in the meantime.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyV66
    The Premiership is the Holy Grail in tems of revenue, so you cannot blame ANY Manager for making that his priority.

More so for Alladyce with the move to the Olympic Stadium only a couple of years away.

In all fairness, I would not complain if we played a bunch of the development squad. This is the tournament to blood the up and comers for me.

Sky generation fans are a big reason why football is dying. So sad to read posts like this. [/quote]

Well I'm certainly not SKY generation and I'd tend to agree with Flairon.
    The League Cup is a competition the English game could easily afford to lose. As it stands an ambitious club should absolutely use the early stages as an opportunity to blood new signings and younger players.

Fu(k you Allardyce. You Fu(king (unt.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyV66

Sky generation fans are a big reason why football is dying. So sad to read posts like this. [/quote]

Whats that got to do with sky generation fans. You seem to forget that some of us cant get to games because of our vicinity. That doesnt mean our opinions wouldnt be the same could we.

The " League cup has become a Mickey Mouse cup ever since they effed around with the. and more

Not quite sure how the managers' getting blamed for the players playing badly

I was happy with the starting team. All around me seemed happy to see the likes of Morrison, Sakho, Poyet, Valencia, Burke, Potts starting, mixed in with some first teamers.

Not a hoof in sight.

Yet somehow it was all so slow and predictable - Morrison especially.

Are we suggesting Allardyce told them to play that way, to not break them down? He threw on 3 of our best players and they made little difference.

What team should he have played to "prioritise" the cup?

I wasnt really knocking his team choice, was just saying that he wasnt going to pick the same team that played on Saturday.

Like you say, and to Samanthas credit also said on saturday,, we had the players on the pitch capable of doing the job. Some were expecting others to play, but that was never going to be the case after his Saturdays comments.

I am just disappointed in the result rather than the fielded team

Quote Originally Posted by Ironworks1

What team should he have played to "prioritise" the cup?
    That's a rhetorical question right? Clearly he would have played the same team as Saturday or what he deemed to be his best 11 if he wanted to prioritise the cup. I was also pleased to see Burke, Potts and Morrison but it's not his first choice selection is it?

He did prioritise the League and the fact that he benched Kouyate, Noble, Downing, Tomkins & Cresswell pretty much confirmed as much. As I said in my above post playing a second string in the cup is something that is accepted by some and not by others.

I didn't like the result. I didn't like a long journey home with some selfish Australian c unt rambling on about frogs and Bunsen burners, but sometimes you just have to say they played s hit instead of looking for someone to blame imo.

Bonzo, Samantha all but told us he wasnt going to play the same team.

We did have the players on the pitch to do the job, and the fact it took an own goal to beat us shows it. I think we beat ourselves more than they. Like IW said we just played sh!t

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)