+ Visit West Ham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Does Noble deserve an England shot?

re: Does Noble deserve an England shot?

Didn't realise the squad had been announced but if Danny Rose and Fabian Delph have been called up for international duty there's hope for all of us, never mind Mark Noble.

Imo Noble is short of genuine international class but that hasn't stopped dozens of others winning caps.

Including our own Messrs Carroll and Cole.

No

Gives away too many dangerous fouls and doesn't score anywhere near enough from open play. I don't think he has the speed of mind to play international football

Having said that, he would be far from the worst player to get a cap, nevermind make the squad

As for fashionable clubs, I wouldn't say Villa are any more fashionable than West Ham. Quite the reverse

Like Noble, a good mid table premier league midfielder. That for me should be where it stops. England should have better options in midfield. If they haven't and he gets a call then England are in bad shape for the immediate future.

I mean that as no disrespect to Noble, but he isn't international class.

I wonder how many remember Nobles performances for the U21's?

He captained them and he practically ran the show, at a time when they were practically unplayable.

Now if at the time he had then been given a chance in the full squad i believe he would have continued to shine, but at a cost to us as we would have found it impossible to keep hold of him.

I think he is vastly underrated by our own fans and that in a squad of quality players he would still stand out. His intelligent runs and passes are largely wasted at West Ham due to the lack of quality and anticipation around him.

What i'm saying is that for OUR sake not his, i hope he continues to be overlooked for his country so that he can concentrate solely on his football at West Ham.

And yes, i love Noble and was also a big fan of Lampard Jnr another player vastly underrated by his own fans at our club.

I liked Lampard also. Thought he was over weight and needed to work harder (stay out of the clubs and off the booze and other "pick me ups"), but anyone could see he was going to be a quality player.

For me, Noble has never quiet shown that ability, has never quiet shown enough. You say that it is down to lack of quality players around him. We have had plenty of players who have gone on to represent England or have been sold to bigger clubs who have played for West Ham with "poor players", as have many teams. Great players are great and will stand out in any team they play for.

In fact, I think its easier to stand out in a lesser team, because you will get the ball more and will be more influential as you will be the "star man".

No one has pulled on the shirt and performed for us like Mark since the irreplaceable Bonzo. He is a class act in my opinion, but falls just a bit short of international class.

His biggest problem is lack of pace and this gets him into trouble when he loses the ball and then he tries to redeem the situation and often gives away silly free kicks. Having said that if he continues to play like he has for the last season or so, he is a better option than numpties like Cleverly, who has an astonishing 13 caps and is sh*te.

Comparisons with Rose & Chambers are fatuous as they play in different positions. Delph is a different matter, nowhere near international class, just a runner who sores the occasional stunning goal. Mark should definitely be higher up the running order than him and possibly even above Henderson.

Rose is a joke selection, Chambers looks like he has something about him and could go far, if Arsene plays him consistently in one position and he doesn't get ****ed around li

Not quite good enough in my opinion but head and shoulders above Cleverley!

Cleverley is Woy's love child anyway.

Remember when Bonds and Julian never got the calls they deserved!

Certainly deserves a call to the squad anyway...whether he's good enough to play is another question.?

(I had to put Julian as the board won't let me write D,ICKS FFS)

Quote Originally Posted by rednekst
    Cleverley is Woy's love child anyway.

Remember when Bonds and Julian never got the calls they deserved!

Certainly deserves a call to the squad anyway...whether he's good enough to play is another question.?

(I had to put Julian as the board won't let me write D,ICKS FFS)

Bonds played once if memory serves, in a meaningless friendly, ****s was considered a liability. And wasnt Cottee the first England player sent off. He suffered for that.

Anyway, i digress. Noble, although imo is not world class, would be a better option than some. While i think England played okish in the WC it looked more like faerie football with no metal.

Think Ray Wilkins was the first England player sent off.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)