+ Visit West Ham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: While I'm still sober

While I'm still sober

I drank enough beer on holiday to last me a year. So I'm going to open a cheeky bottle of Pinot Noir later. Maybe two.

So while I'm still coherent and not suffering from a knee-jerk p1ssed rant I'll say this.

The owners have given BFS the best squad he's ever had in all the years he's managed. added to today by another quality acquisition.

And they all have to play. Not Cole, not Vaz Te, Championship players.

And Sullivan knows this. Any more of this and he won't hesitate to pull the trigger as he did with the golem and at the end of last season.

Whatever garbage the oaf comes out with absolving himself of any blame won't wash.

re: While I'm still sober

I think he probably has one more game, lose to Hull and that's it.

Why wait? The break is a perfect time to get rid and give a new man a bit of time to settle. If they don't get rid of him imminently then they never will.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyDWhizz
    Why wait?

Because at the moment we sit mid-table but if we lose to Hull we'll be in amongst the bottom few and I think they'll be forced to act.

I'm just guessing of course, personally I would have let him go 12 months ago when his last contract expired.

Whilst I agree with you on most of what you wrote , I think BFS is just waiting for the international break . Then he can spend time with the team and try to bring them all up to full fitness. We are only 3 games in to the new season , some of them have only just arrived and will need more time, due to not having pre sesson with the team .

Lets see how we fair up after the break and the team starts to gell a bit more .

TBF to bfs he has given all the new players & some youth a run out at some stage so far . Maybe he is still trying to find his best side , what we all need to do is get behind him and the club , get some confidence back in the club as we have had to much of a dark cloud hanging around the club , both on & off the field.

If hes still trying to find his best side then we really are in trouble. I am not going to repeat what i have sais on other threads, only to mention " Vaz Te and Cole. "

We seem to be the busiest club in the market at the moment , so yeah it will take time for him to get his best side.

I think he is just playing it safe and sticking to whst he knows then he can see who we have to work with & get them fit during the break, also the window closes monday so the players can all settle.

I'm not a lover of BFS either btw , but at the moment he is all we have and I don't see a que of top quality manager's wanting to come to us, I also think we would struggle to attract one with our board and the way they run things at times.

All im saying is ' we all need to try and be more positive ' get some confidence back in the club.

Why spend all your time hating BFS win, lose or draw , when it won't change things. Everyone had the chance to boycott , some did some didn't , but it was pretty packed out today .

Quote Originally Posted by hammerwell06
    We seem to be the busiest club in the market at the moment , so yeah it will take time for him to get his best side.

I think he is just playing it safe and sticking to whst he knows then he can see who we have to work with & get them fit during the break, also the window closes monday so the players can all settle.

I'm not a lover of BFS either btw , but at the moment he is all we have and I don't see a que of top quality manager's wanting to come to us, I also think we would struggle to attract one with our board and the way they run things at times.

All im saying is ' we all need to try and be more positive ' get some confidence back in the club.
    While you've put your point across well and in different circumstances I'd agree with you to an extent, how can you justify the faith put in Cole and Vaz Te, not Premiership quality, and Nolan too who'll walk back in when fit unless Sam gets sacked first.

Knew i should have turned radio five's 606 off today.

Bloody Savage and Fletcher saying they have heard whispers of Pullis being lined up if Sam is sacked.

Quote Originally Posted by hammerwell06
    I don't see a que of top quality manager's wanting to come to us, I also think we would struggle to attract one with our board and the way they run things at times.

Why would you see anyone at all queing for the West Ham managers job? at present there is not one going as we already have a manager.

If/when Sam does go then we are a london club who's owners are willing to spend in the transfer market, we are a premier league team and we will be moving to a brand new 54,000 all seater stadium which is promised will make us a MASSIVE club with shed loads of revenue, and we have a fantstic fan base.

Make no mistake the West Ham managers job would be one many would like to take on.

Baffles me that so many now think we can only ever attract a Sam Allardyce type manager.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)