+ Visit Southampton FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Well played boys

Well played boys

You played well today. Nice exciting football. Good to see after all the sales.

Can we have Koeman?

P.S we'll get you back in the away fixture!!

re: Well played boys

Not with Allardyce in charge we won't.

Quote Originally Posted by mickyj
    Not with Allardyce in charge we won't.

Evening Ammeread and good evening to all of you lot,it's yer old mate Stevo back after the break, I agree with Ammeread and would like to add my own view on the game having just got back home.

I was impressed with you today, better than us in every department,quick and incisive passing,great movement and closed us down quickly all over the pitch giving us no room at all, we never reached the standards we set against the Spuds and Palace and we deserved all we got which was nothing,it will be a shame if you loose scheiderling and I think you will suffer for it, if you get Andros Townsend I think he will be great for you as he gives you another option...if he stays fit that is !.
    That is the best you have played against us since our battles in the championship, we will come back stronger after this result,that's for sure, good luck for the season.

Cheers Stevo, (and Ammerhead).

Have been waiting for a view from someone at the game, and good to know that we played exciting football.
    We needed that win even just to smooth over some of the anxiety of late.
    If we can carry on in the same vein then maybe this season won't be such a disaster.

Do you think you have improved as a team?
    Do you think Sam's your man or not?

Quote Originally Posted by tumbles

Have been waiting for a view from someone at the game, and good to know that we played exciting football.
    If we can carry on in the same vein then maybe this season won't be such a disaster.

The players brought into the squad have improved us no end in theory, although that really remains to be seen .The issue at the moment as far as I'm concerned is not only are we going through a transitional period in terms of style , we have a new attacking coach who of course is new to allardyce and his coaching staff as well as the players, we also have a number of players who have never played premier league football and a number who have very little premier league experience, it will take a while for them to adapt for sure and for the team to gel

Evening Tumbles

Allardyce will never be our man but in my view he's made some positive signings,and Song from Barcelona was paraded before the game today..

Having said that mate,we were poor today while your lot were top notch

Quote Originally Posted by ammeread

The players brought into the squad have improved us no end in theory, although that really remains to be seen .The issue at the moment as far as I'm concerned is not only are we going through a transitional period in terms of style , we have a new attacking coach who of course is new to allardyce and his coaching staff as well as the players, we also have a number of players who have never played premier league football and a number who have very little premier league experience, it will take a while for

Some good assessments here.

Was surprised to see Saints so dominant, I guess the Hammers missed their regulars, no Collins, Nolan or Carroll who always seem to hurt us.

Happy to see Pelle make his mark. The whole side played well. Defence was untroubled.

Happy Saint me .

Was very impressed with our over all performance, but especially the way we closed the game out, with no wobbles.

Enjoyed Ramirez's cameo, being available to receive the ball, from the back four, and just helping to kill the game off, by retaining possession.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast