+ Visit Birmingham City FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How long does Clark get?

re: How long does Clark get?

Cant concur with that. Think we drew with them last season away, so a defeat hardly represents progress. It is the manner and scale of the defeat that necessitates action.
    I think LC is a decent, straightforward, bloke who hails from my adopted homeland. On the pitch he was competitive and refused to give up, even when things were stacked against him - but let his heart rule his head at such times which resulted in bookings and the like.
    He, and his family, clearly lived the pressure of last season and I'm sure he doesn't want to go through that again.
    Maybe we will be proved wrong, and that LC will rediscover the promise that he showed at Huddersfield, otherwise I fear it is the Guardian pundit who will be proved right
    KRO

clark didnt show promise at Huddersfield his record was one of draws , there were fans who came on here telling us what he was like, his team selections and tactics in the past two seasons have left most of us either fuming or scratching our heads, he has snatched defeat from the jaws of victory on too many occasions, yes he is hamstrung with cash , but i wouldn't want him spending money on players knowing the tactics or lack of he would employ.

Thought his record at Huddersfield was ok, although I never saw them play. Just became aware that they had a long unbeaten spell as they moved up the league. I think I recall that His departure at the time was a surprise.
    That said I wouldn't want him spending cash, just supposing we had some, either. KRO

yes cello he equalled Brian Cloughs record for games unbeaten still stands I think, was a lower division of course

There are no doubt many reasons to suggest Clark should move on,but as many have said he really is scraping the bottom of the barrel to find players up to Championship standard with due respect to those players,in a weird way because of his situation for want of a better description I believe he is too close to the action he is nose in and backside up and a step back to look outside the square to see what really is happening with a fresh mind,we know the buck stops with him but is he a good listener are there suggestions with his support coaches that he just does'nt listen to I guess we are unlikely to know.

Other than a guy like Pulis who I think is a very creditable man Manager I doubt there are many who could put up with what Clark has put up with,I just hope this massive learning curve he is going through can come out with him getting things on the right track in many ways he really deserves a bit of success,I'm sure he has more to offer,hope he gets it at BCFC.

Nice to know that some of the grey cells still work. I can also remember 27/02/2011 - the start of the current roller coaster! KRO

I too hoped LC was on learning curve, its just that we are seeing too few signs of learning's being put into practice.
    There are other managers who have a track record of performing despite adversity - McCarthy, Hodgson to but two. Rarely do players make successful managers, and there has to be a reason for that despite all the professional coaching qualifications they may gain.
    I'm holding my breath till Saturday, and trust my instincts are all misplaced. KRO

I must say I admire Pulis and what he did at Crystal Palace but I would be astonished if he would consider Blues under the present regime, only desperate cases would apply for the Managers job

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)