+ Visit Birmingham City FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How long does Clark get?

How long does Clark get?

Although I've never got on his case about our poor results due to the fact our owners have wrecked our club I think we've got to consider that we may need a manager in who can steer us clear of any potential disaster. I went to Wigan yesterday and to say our first half performance was farsical would be an understatement. It was a s poor a defensive display as I can remember with our defenders looking like rabbits in the headlights everytime the ball came near them. We showed little inventiveness going forward and many fans were thinking we are heading the same way as last season. Not until Duffy came on did we start to show some kind of threat but by then the game was well and truly out our reach. Personally I would give Clark another month but if things are still going south we've got to look at a change but who the hell makes that decision for our club. KRO

re: How long does Clark get?

Thanks for the insight. We appear to be in the opposite of a virtuous circle. The lack of inventivenes up front puts additional pressure on a defence that already allows the opposition room. While I have always been an advocate of giving people time, my central philosophy is " if it ain't broke, don't fix it" The last three league results (not to mention last season - the last 14 minutes apart) and the stats, underline that things are broken, thus it is time for change now. KRO

what happened to the mill for the lad who went to Cardiff, start there and work backwards you are as good as the tools you are given there is not one player in our squad that could get into the Wigan team that played yesterday and that says it all.
    this is the worst bunch of players assembled together that I can ever remember at blues in 55 years you pay nothing for players this is what you get nothing
    I am not saying Clark is a great manager by any stretch of the imagination but even Mourino would struggle with this lot

Fair point, which I took into consideration in my previous comment. LC put this "team" together and has to take responsibility for his decisions. He appears to lack the "nous" to get these players to perform to a level that might yield results, therefore a new approach has to be pursued now. A new broom isn't laden with the responsibilities of those decisions. Tesco shareholders have acted in this manner, and so should we. KRO

[quote="cello" to get these players to perform to a level that might yield results, therefore a new approach has to be pursued now. A new broom isn't laden with the responsibilities of those decisions. Tesco shareholders have acted in this manner, and so should we. KRO[/quote]

That's the whole point he did not put this team together out of choice, the team picked its self when you scan the horizon for players for nothing there is a limited amount number one, and number two some may not have wanted to come to Blues for the poultry wages the pay players at blues. This squad has massive limitations and I think it is a div one squad at best, if Clark keeps us up he will have done well, and if come December he gets the sack I think any manager will struggle without a massive change of pe

If he did not make these choices who did? The players still came. I understand that lack of money makes it challenging, but I am not seeing anything that says LC is the man for this challenge. KRO

Quote Originally Posted by cello
    If he did not make these choices who did? The players still came. I understand that lack of money makes it challenging, but I am not seeing anything that says LC is the man for this challenge. KRO
    He did out of necessity not freedom of choice there is a massive difference, God would struggle with this lot

Finally I hope we both end up with egg on our faces IE Clark becomes a great manager and the players become breath taking but I am not holding my breath on either count

Bolt God isn't the coach and neither is Mourinho (who thinks he is God).

While I am far away and I am well known for hating coaches who blame the players I observe that it is a simple tenet of football that "if you can't get better players, get the players you've got to play better." From what I have seen all the players appear to have something to recommend them - with the probable exception of Grounds, Cotterill, Thomas, Robinson and Doyle.

Clark has consistently not been able to get the players he has got/been given/chosen to play better,as shown by our dismal run in at the end of last season despite the fact the squad at various times has included Zigic, Burke, Macheda, Lingard, Emyr Huws, Jordan Ibe etc - and he inherited a decent squad to start with. I think that Clark has demonstrated many times that he really isn't the man for the job - basic stuff you learn in a level 2 badge such as how to defend as a unit just doesn't happen.

Is Wolverhampton squad really that much bett

I think that all of the posts above have an element of truth in them. Look what happened to Hughton , who some considered to be God but brought recklessly at Norwich,and suffered the penalty for it. And no, I would not have him back because he showed no loyalty to the club that made his whereas at least Clark has, for good or bad, stuck it out in appalling circumstances.
    Just look at the teams in recent seasons who have spent hugely and got nowhere and you can also include Manure in that category. If a Clark left, and there has been interest expressed in a manager who can run a team on nothing, then the only option would probably be an old lag like Warnock (gone) or Pullis, who IMO would make a perfect fit BUT his football at Stoke was mega boring although effective. Over and out.

No disgrace in being thumped by Wigan .. anybody finishing higher will be Champions .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)