+ Visit Tottenham Hotspur FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Spurs vs Liverpool

re: Spurs vs Liverpool

No penalty for Spurs, what a surprise.

COYS

Disappointing result today, so learn from the mistakes and bounce back at Sunderland.

COYS

Well that was a good game for the neutral & as you say , "your first real test" . I agree that it shouldn't of been a penalty & the ref seemed to go mostly pools way . Their 3rd goal was a cracker though.

It annoying I don't think we deserved anything out of the game we simply didn't play well and Liverpool are a good side who just looked more confident but I don't think they were brilliant and we certainly had enough of the ball in the final third to cause them problems. Certainly they were well on top for the first half hour but for the last hour I thought we matched them unfortunately we gave them two very soft goals and I guess got what we deserved

[quote="hammerwell06" . I agree that it shouldn't of been a penalty & the ref seemed to go mostly pools way . Their 3rd goal was a cracker though.[/quote]

I think it probably is a penalty because Dier has committed a foul in the penalty area and the referee has seen it so he's got to give it but for me it's soft because the player could have continued without any disadvantage and it's not nice to see players throwing themselves on the ground and being rewarded but it's part and parcel of the modern game

If Ade would have put that chance away right after they scored it may have been a different game.
    Their game plan, sit back with just ballotelli in our half and invite us on. No space for us to ply. They get it work it out wide, spread the CB's and stop us from pressing in the middle.
    It worked.
    It slowed us down and we looked devoid of ideas. No movement when we had it or urgency.
    Adebyor frustrated me as he could have made a few runs for Lamela. It was backs to opposition and ball to feet stuff again and all at a slack pace.

However, the scoreline doesn't really reflect the match. We never got battered.
    The difference between the top teams is that have players who can con refs, or go down,
    It's time for us to start going down to win penalties and free kicks in dangerous positions as it is now obviously an accepted part of the game.

Anyway, I am more disappointed with how we have let that Sunday afternoon after Thursday lack lustre performance rear it's ugly head again already.
    It'

Fair comments by all, we just didn`t turn up at the races today, and, I really don`t see the point in playing Andros on the bleeding RW, every manager and defender in the PL know Townsend will have to cut back onto his left, that`s if they had done their homework.

Good Morning ENG, could do better 5/10.

Good morning to all.

It's a bad defeat for us as it suggests more of the same, in terms of our performances against the top clubs and, with all due respect to many other clubs, the ones we need to match in order to challenge seriously for honours and a top four spot.

But having said that, it's more a question of what, if anything, we learn from it. I don't think defeats always need to be seen negatively, provided lessons are taken on board. That's where AVB and Sherwood fucXXX up in my view. AVB stuck to something that didn't work and Sherwood seemed to alienate the players when we came unstuck. I hope our new manager looks at it more intelligently or wisely. He seems, in my view, a much better character to have at the helm, and one of the pressing needs is to address Lamela. Behind the scenes, you'd expect work to be done there to make him the effective player we need him to be game after game, and that he has the talent to be.

Quote Originally Posted by davee59
    Good Morning ENG, could do better 5/10.

Sorry Davee, I will try hard to improve ones writing skills.

Good morning Davee mate.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)