+ Visit Bolton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Things that annoy you on Sky Sports

Things that annoy you on Sky Sports

Since I am a miserable git this morning I would like to know what annoys you about Sky Sports.

I was watching yesterday and the Mk Dons manager thanked Jamie Carragher and Gary Neville for their "Fantastic tactical analysis" on Man Utds back 3. After throwing up at hearing that and wondering how much he was paid I decided that Sky have so many tossers that it's hard to list them all. But the football doesn't kick off until 1:30 so I am going to list mine.

1. Gary Neville, for every time that I hear "I hated him as a player but he is a top pundit" I die a little inside, the guy was a horrible rat always in the referee's ear and just because he doesn't scream "Go on United" people are surprised that he may actually have some football knowledge, I think he is OK but nowhere near as good as people make him out to be.

2. Jim White- Transfer Deadline day is basically the only time a Scottish man will wear a tie, apart from going to court. Sky Sports make it all about Jim White saying thin

re: Things that annoy you on Sky Sports

Completely disagree about Gary Neville. I think he is a brilliant pundit, spot on with pretty much everything, no bias, and no stupid playing for the cameras or trying to be a comedian

I hate:

1 The adverts - nearly as bad as ITV - they get a subscription fee off users
    2 Pathetic titling of upcoming games - "Super Sunday" and all that bollox
    3 No consideration of the fans - they'll decide that Chelsea vs Newcastle is a 12.45 kick off so the toon fans have to travel the length of the country for an early kick off or they'll schedule a late game so that fans can't get the last train back (BT Sport are just as bad)
    4 Jim White
    5 Making what was Sky Sports News now part of the Sports package
    6 Life doesn't exist outside the Prem
    7 The Prem isn't the best league in the world. It's a rip-off. The German and Spanish leagues are better and cheaper and it's Sky's fault

Got to stop. I'm getting annoyed now

the fact that keep paying for it!!

As a fan that lives 300 miles from my home town club, not only do I never get to see the odd game, but i seldom hear the word Bolton on Sky - unless a rerun of Fred Dibnah climbing facking chimney.

Come to think about it, its the same for about 60 other clubs and their fans.

I wager that Glentoran or Ballymena have been on Sky more times than the whites in the last few years...

[quote="Appointmeagain"]Since I am a miserable git this morning I would like to know what annoys you about Sky Sports.

I was watching yesterday and the Mk Dons manager thanked Jamie Carragher and Gary Neville for their "Fantastic tactical analysis" on Man Utds back 3. After throwing up at hearing that and wondering how much he was paid I decided that Sky have so many tossers that it's hard to list them all. But the football doesn't kick off until 1:30 so I am going to list mine.

1. Gary Neville, for every time that I hear "I hated him as a player but he is a top pundit" I die a little inside, the guy was a horrible rat always in the referee's ear and just because he doesn't scream "Go on United" people are surprised that he may actually have some football knowledge, I think he is OK but nowhere near as good as people make him out to be.

2. Jim White- Transfer Deadline day is basically the only time a Scottish man will wear a tie, apart from going to court

What i hate about sky is that we never buy anyone to play for us these days 1

we get no mention but there again why would sky mention bwfc ?

why would any newspapers print bwfc why

with a massive climb down off the mighty players we use to have now we buy players from the pound shop infact the pound shop is more up market there you have to spend a pound at bolton they have to be free!

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)