+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Argentina flag

Argentina flag

Would look good in the north stand.

Have we ever had an Argentine at the club before?

re: Argentina flag

Danny bergara ?

Danny Bergara is Uruguayan.

And I think it would be disgraceful for anyone to fly the Argentina flag at NYS!

Quote Originally Posted by millavanilla
    Danny bergara ?

no he was from Uruguay.!.

Tin of Frey Bentos corned beef?

Quote Originally Posted by Ellis_D

And I think it would be disgraceful for anyone to fly the Argentina flag at NYS!
    You need to move on Ellis! Boca Juniors flag then?

Quote Originally Posted by gorky

You need to move on Ellis! Boca Juniors flag then?[/quote]

While Argentina still display such hostility towards us over The Falklands, I will never move on!

The Malvinas Were given to Argentina when they achieved independance from Spain by Spain. The British simply stole the so called falklands isles in the 19th century. Historically politically and geographically, the islands belong to Argentina.

re: Argentina flag[quote name="rojo" date="00:18 on 02 Sep"]

Quote Originally Posted by rojo
    The Malvinas Were given to Argentina when they achieved independance from Spain by Spain. The British simply stole the so called falklands isles in the 19th century. Historically politically and geographically, the islands belong to Argentina.
    F00king hell. Too late for yet another political debate as I'm going to bed. But we landed on The Falklands in 1690, a long time before the first Spanish.

We were the first nation to successfully establish a colony there.

The people of The Falklands wish to remain British - ergo, they are British.

The Spanish word 'Malvinas' is a corruption of the French word 'Malouines'. The original European settlers of the Islands were fishermen from St. Malo, France. Argentina has never ever had sovereignty over the Islands.

The Spanish settlers on the Islands were kicked out in ca. 1832 by the US Navy, not the Royal Navy. The British stole nothing. The islands were settled in the 1840s by British farmers and fishermen. Thus the Falkland Islands have been a British Dependency longer than Texas has been part of the US. Both territories were settled under similar circumstances.

If you believe that the Falklands are Argentinian, then you should also argue that Texas is part of Mexico. Should you wish to press home this point in any bar from San Antonio to Austin to Dallas to Houston, I suggest you come well armed and have your last will and testament in good order.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast