+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: "A" Bowler Outbreak!!

"A" Bowler Outbreak!!

Have heard it said many times "Where would this club be without Bowler guiding it" Back came one reply "Probably in the Premiership if we had invested more money in the team"
    As of now this club is becoming a Laughing Stock under his Leadership with all the Dodgy insider deals going on between his Cronies.

Is this club now a SALVAGE COMPANY rescuing failing businesses but they can not rescue the club from this fine mess they have got us into.
    Time for Bowler to consider his position? as this Virus is sweeping the club down,and fans are deserting.
    If only Rowlinson can take over just for the reason he has plenty of Wood in the yard to BOARD UP that Academy Shut it down now!!its like a BRICK around the club neck!and only supports the Directors Pockets not the team.

re: "A" Bowler Outbreak!!

its not the academy stupid. otherwise agreed.

Even Manchester United are changing tactics and abandoning the Academy slowly, are we at Crewe going to wait another 10years for a N Powell to come through ,and then play a few games for the team before being sold for millions for the Directors to squander it again is that what you want? its had its day i would not call you Stupid but misguided. Times have changed.

Quote Originally Posted by itwasin
    sold for millions for the Directors to squander it again
    That's not an argument against the academy, that's an argument against directors squandering money.

The academy makes us money, just because it gets ****ed away it doesn't mean that we shouldn't have it. It just means we should stop ****ing the money away.

I can't belive I've just read any of this, we wouldn't be in the premier league if it wasn't for Bowler.

United haven't abandoned their youth policy and more importantly the worlds most succesful club use their Youth system with great effect (barca)

To be honest, I am sick of hearing about the academy, transfer fees, Max Clayton, Reaseheath and playing kids that haven't started to shave yet.

Crewe will be forced to abandon the ridiculous millstone FA Cat2 Academy that is OK for the PL and CC but unaffordable for the likes of Crewe. God, if Preston NE won't have Cat2 and we HAVE to have that level or go out of business then, keep playing as we are then we surely will be as very few fans are going to spend 22 quid a game to see rubbish.

This is all about two things guys.

Dario's baby that he won't let go and meanwhile we seem unable to get him off the wage bill that will save enough to attract a couple of decent players on its own and secondly, its about the Directors not putting money in like most other clubs do and they went and go with a model that helped that cause and with spades as it allowed one director access to the transfer money.It was deemed illegal for Maxwell to take money from the employees pension fund and so ho

That is by far the most idotic thing i've ever read on here, the reason we go for Category 2 rather than 3 is that it limits the mmount of players that will leave to bigger clubs, ensures better compensation for those that do, attracts a better standard of player to the club and ensure that our coaching level is still of a high stabndard. But, **** it yeh, if Preston don't do it then why should we?

Since when did it become a directors obligation to put money in?? Most clubs our size are stuggling to stay alive and have had to go to being fan run clubs and the like. You effectively are protesting that some bloke won't spend his money on something you want??

I'm all for ousting directors that are lining their pockets at the clubs expense, and it does seem like there's one at our club, but the clubs been put up for sale before generating 0 interest.

Change is needed somewhere but its needs to gradual not abolishing the clubs principals and foundations because we're having a badh seaso

[quote="thnhouse"]That is by far the most idotic thing i've ever read on here, the reason we go for Category 2 rather than 3 is that it limits the mmount of players that will leave to bigger clubs, ensures better compensation for those that do, attracts a better standard of player to the club and ensure that our coaching level is still of a high stabndard. But, **** it yeh, if Preston don't do it then why should we?

Since when did it become a directors obligation to put money in?? Most clubs our size are stuggling to stay alive and have had to go to being fan run clubs and the like. You effectively are protesting that some bloke won't spend his money on something you want??

I'm all for ousting directors that are lining their pockets at the clubs expense, and it does seem like there's one at our club, but the clubs been put up for sale before generating 0 interest.

Change is needed somewhere but its needs to gradual not abolishing the clubs principals and

Do you read your own posts before you send them?

Do you think parents don't research the club they put their kids in?

I'm not saying Directors shouldn't put money in , i'm saying you can't get upset when they don't. It's not your choice. Also having a club massively in debt to the directors is not a good idea, I'm sure you've noticed alot of much bigger, better supported clubs come crashing down past us in the divisions over the last decades, do you want to risk it and see if we can join them?

Yes the EPPP thing is unfair and weighted to big clubs but once again you're missing the point, we offer something different to other clubs, the chance to prove themsleves in first team football, and yes there'll be players like Jones, Clayton and Smith but there'll also be Powells, Murphys and Westwoods.
    Do you honestly think we've not been losing accademy players to bigger clubs for the last ten years??

ALL HAIL MIGHTY WALSALL, IN DEBT TO THEIR DIRECTORS TO BE 3 POINTS ABOVE US.