+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Shareholders

Shareholders

We all know who has the majority holding (NH) but there are many minor shareholders like myself who just bought them from a fans show of support point of view rather than investment.
    All shareholders get a copy of the accounts once a year and that is the sum total that we get to know - if we can understand it all. Thinking here of the odd companies that have been set up ie CAFC, Crewe Developments, and Crewe Enterprise.
    Looking at the Companies Act, and transparency, it appears that members (shareholders) can request quite a lot of information from the board and it is a criminal offence not to supply it.
    There must be many shareholders like myself who only hold a few quids worth but can still make requests to the board at any time.

Minor shareholders unite and inundate the board with requests - they cannot ignore them.
    See Companies Act 2006 for guidance.

re: Shareholders

see my post THE BOARD

re: Shareholders

Quote Originally Posted by Worcesterman
    We all know who has the majority holding (NH) but there are many minor shareholders like myself who just bought them from a fans show of support point of view rather than investment.
    All shareholders get a copy of the accounts once a year and that is the sum total that we get to know - if we can understand it all. Thinking here of the odd companies that have been set up ie CAFC, Crewe Developments, and Crewe Enterprise.
    Looking at the Companies Act, and transparency, it appears that members (shareholders) can request quite a lot of information from the board and it is a criminal offence not to supply it.
    There must be many shareholders like myself who only hold a few quids worth but can still make requests to the board at any time.

Minor shareholders unite and inundate the board with requests - they cannot ignore them.
    See Companies Act 2006 for guidance.
    I wish I was in your position,then I would request such items,which you c