+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: O/T Five Years Ago Today

O/T Five Years Ago Today

September 5th, 2009, I joined and posted for the first time on this Board. Seems like a lot longer though, since the quality of the company here makes every visit a a unique and interesting one. Some posters have moved on but others remain, each with their own unique experiences and views...and I wouldn't have it any other way!

Cheers, all!!!!

re: O/T Five Years Ago Today

Four years this coming February for me. There are other boards where I post (music, motorcycle forums--I swore off political forums). But those are large boards with a cast of thousands. Here I feel that I'm known and know at least a bit about most of the regulars.

And as far as I'm concerned you two are always welcome on our board. Cheers.

Cheers mate.

Quote Originally Posted by sweeper5
    And as far as I'm concerned you two are always welcome on our board. Cheers.
    Thank you for the kind words, sweeper5, if I'm ever kicked off here I may have to seek refuge with you! Any half empty coal bins not being used round your place that I could hide out in while learning the lucrative 'Rag and Bone Man' trade!?

Tundra, yourself and our other overseas visitors make life interesting by offering differing terminology and views on not only the game of football, (soccer), but life in general.

I feel sure that those views are reciprocated by yourselves. Long may the relationship continue. As a former collegue of mine used to say, "What is the use of education if you can't read and write?"

Quote Originally Posted by abbobrom
    Tundra, yourself and our other overseas visitors make life interesting by offering differing terminology and views on not only the game of football, (soccer), but life in general.

I feel sure that those views are reciprocated by yourselves. Long may the relationship continue. As a former collegue of mine used to say, "What is the use of education if you can't read and write?"
    Thank you, Abbo! Very kind of you to say that. My use of language would be even be even more distinct if I had not married a English lass from Tettenhall, whose parents supported Wolves! In many ways my education was influenced by both England and the USA, spelling "theatre" as such and not "theater;" football and not soccer, etc. Canada/British ties were much more a part of my childhood than it is for today's children. I once looked up on line the local (Montreal) newspaper on the day I was born (1949) and found several, international, front page stories, e

Thanks Abbo. I feel that same. I enjoy the ethnographic experience of interacting with people from a different country. It's partly what drew me to the board and one of the reasons I've stayed on. Our cultures are fundamentally similar enough that the differences in speech and outlook appear all the more striking and interesting. I've felt welcomed here for the most part, thanks to you and many others.

Always look forward to comments from those not livng within "walking distance" of the Mol!! How you assess is very interesting and often you see a somewhat different view than those of us closer to hand.So guys keep the flag flying and throw us the odd US/Canada titbit.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)