+ Visit Bolton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: O/T Scottish Independence?

O/T Scottish Independence?

Does anybody really care? If they vote yes, let them get on with it. I'm not too kean on the Welsh either. My Mrs is Irish, so I'll have to be careful what I say about them lot! - view external link

re: O/T Scottish Independence?

I care a lot. I spend a lot of time up in one of the most beautiful countries in the world. I hope they stay in the UK but if they don't then fk it, the ones who didn't vote will get what comes to them.

Glasgow is my second favourite city in the world. I had my stag do there.

A couple of my mates who are massive Celtic fans were on the stag do this last weekend that I referred to in a different post. You would think that they would be all for independence due to their political/religious leanings. Not a chance. They know and recognise the value of the union

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyJazz64
    I care a lot. I spend a lot of time up in one of the most beautiful countries in the world. I hope they stay in the UK but if they don't then fk it, the ones who didn't vote will get what comes to them.

A couple of my mates who are massive Celtic fans were on the stag do this last weekend that I referred to in a different post. You would think that they would be all for independence due to their political/religious leanings. Not a chance. They know and recognise the value of the union
    yes well were where these so called mates when you had the rozzers on your back? sorry jimmy I have to resort to taking the p1ss because intelligent political debate is beyond me I vote *** why the fck would it block out B N P

Gary Gary Gary... FFS mate. Living up here I hear this all day long, and now you have started a thread...

I always get asked at work, " as an English man, what do you think?"

My response, not arsed really, I hope you do get it, that way when you piss us off we can climb over the wall and kick your arse again.

Sort of ok to do it at work, not a line I would choose on a Saturday night in town !!!

Seriously though, its strange - some die hard Scots don't want it, I think they realise in 50 years when the oil dries up, there wont be much left to export.

To sum up, I heard a guy say " as we are we can change a government every 4 or 5 years so we can make a choice if it doesn't work out, if we choose independence were F**ked if its goes wrong, no going back"

Quote Originally Posted by Whatsmore

yes well were where these so called mates when you had the rozzers on your back? sorry jimmy I have to resort to taking the p1ss because intelligent political debate is beyond me I vote *** why the fck would it block out B N P[/quote]

The so-called whisky-drinkers didn't last the distance. It was me, a scouser an

[quote="aberdeentrotter"[/quote]

That's pretty much how my Scottish mates summed it up. They know they are on to a good thing with the UK and the vote is YES then as you say, there's no going back

I have an interest in politics and have followed this closely over the past few months.

You could see the polls coming closer and closer over the past few weeks.

The "yes" activists have been more and more intimidating as the weeks have gone on. I do wonder how many people are frightened to say they will vote "no". It will probably be the silent majority who will tip the balance.

Most people I have spoken to could not give a monkeys what they do.

I don't think that everyone up there realises the financial implications of a "yes" vote. They have been browbeaten by Alex Salmond. If they do vote "yes" I think the Government should wish them a fond farewell, and wish them good luck. The pound will suffer in the short term, but will recover.

I honestly believe they will then be in deep ****.

On the plus side we will probably never get another Labour government but that won't get rid of them in Bolton which is what I want more than anything.

The swetties only joined the union because they were bankrupt, Alex Salmond is a lying ******* and there are too many questions unanswered for any sane jock to vote out but that doesn't mean they won't.

Alex Salmond I called to Buckingham palace to the queen, the independence debate came up and..

Alex - we could call it a king-dom and I will be king Alex?
    Queen - no, no that wont do
    Alex - ok, what about a princ-ipality and I can be prince Alex?
    Queen - no, no that wont do
    Alex - oh ok, what about an Earl-dom and I will be Earl Alex?
    Queen, Alex this as gone too far now, why not leave it as a Country? we all know your a C**t already !

give the sctts the scottish isles back but being the Uk shores we keep all the oil also lets take back everything the uk government has put there

from police cars ambulances hospital equipement and everything thats been given to them including the trains rail ways asset stripe everything

and lets place it in the uk we will be better off and more jobs for ships subs nuclular missiles everything

infact lets do the same to wales as well and asset strip them too

our small country will be very rich and also we all will be better off.

leave the scotts and welsh with fu ck all and watch them all try to jump the boarders !

i love the scotts and the welsh they add charecter and strength to england but the politics up in scotland is trying to say lets get our country back

on what financial grounds the heads pushing for the independance are power heads for themselves.

praying on the dump fu cks who are young in scotland

think of the english saving giving money to them fu ckers !

th

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)