+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: FAO 71 and Eve

FAO 71 and Eve

"You are currently browsing the web with an unauthorised browser and your Video Player might be outdated"

Asking for help if you can, gents.

Been using IPad for two years now without any trouble. Starting to get the above pop up on my screen when browsing now, this is the first pop up I've had for two years.
    It has the usual license agreement, etc, and is asking me to accept and install the product.
    There is no for the product so I can't look it up on App Store to see what it actually is.

Dodgy or do I accept and install?

Thanks for any advice.

re: FAO 71 and Eve

[quote="1877wolf"

Asking for help if you can, gents.

Been using IPad for two years now without any trouble. Starting to get the above pop up on my screen when browsing now, this is the first pop up I've had for two years.
    It has the usual license agreement, etc, and is asking me to accept and install the product.
    There is no for the product so I can't look it up on App Store to see what it actually is.

Dodgy or do I accept and install?

Thanks for any advice.[/quote]

If it was me and the update isn't something that i recognise then i would not accept and install. Out of interest, what browser is it and does it notify you on updates? or does it just automatically do it?

In windows 8.1, i always have the 'notify me' option as i choose what to install.

So far with Apple, with any updates you are notified in your settings. You have to go into your settings and update yourself, it's not a pop up process.
    That's why I am a bit concerned, you don't need to install protection with Apple, it's already there.

I happens when I go through safari and funnily enough, it has happened when I was on this site.

Saying that, it hasn't happened in the last 5 minutes...

I would Google it 1877. Or ask on an apple/safari forum.

On first inspection you've got mal ware problems. I'd run apple security programs and do individual updates and see if the problem removes itself.

Quote Originally Posted by 1877wolf
    So far with Apple, with any updates you are notified in your settings. You have to go into your settings and update yourself, it's not a pop up process.
    That's why I am a bit concerned, you don't need to install protection with Apple, it's already there.

I happens when I go through safari and funnily enough, it has happened when I was on this site.

Saying that, it hasn't happened in the last 5 minutes...
    When you go onto other websites bar footymad does it happen?

What i've suggested to others and it works for me in windows is use an *******, i've never used an I-pad or anything similar, so is the ******* option available to you?

Thanks for all the advice gents, it seems to have stopped. Have not had a pop up all day

Quote Originally Posted by 1877wolf
    Thanks for all the advice gents, it seems to have stopped. Have not had a pop up all day
    That's what happens as you get older 1877

Quote Originally Posted by peterknowlesburnside
    That's what happens as you get older 1877 [/quote]

Classic

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)