+ Visit Bolton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Well said Simon Charlton

Well said Simon Charlton

Caught this on the radio after the game, this from an ex pro and a current class A coaching badge holder.
    His comments were when a player passes the ball it's as though they think job done, instead they should be looking for space or trying to get into a position where they can receive the ball. He also said on this performance today I don't think the players trust Dougie and they don't look comfortable with the formation.

Eddie do the honourable thing before it's too late and get a new Chairman whilst you are at it.

re: Well said Simon Charlton

Simon Charlton is too good for Radio Manchester, he really should be on Sky Sports, or dare I say it Bolton Wanderers manager.

Well, Dougie has said, that we now have a hard working team that will fight for one another and give it their all.

Let's not worry about this then folks, we have nothing to worry about, even if the players and managerial staff take us into total oblivion, which looks highly likely!

I won't be joining them in total oblivion Gary, there is no reason why a good Manager could not get those players playing better. If ED wants to stick with Gartside and his poor appointment that's his prerogative but I also have a choice.

Anybody is better than what we have Dan. I don't think another Manager could get them playing any worse if they tried.

It was funny when the Oldham fan rang Gmr after the game and said he didn't know why Bolton fans were moaning and Oldham are a bigger club than ours what a numptey it must of been one of Gartsides kids!

I heard that, Simon Charlton put him in his place, his reply was: "when I played for Southampton against Oldham in the premiership on the crap pitch there still were only 12000 on, Bolton were capable of getting 28000 regularly in the premiership when I played and are a much bigger club" haha

Quote Originally Posted by campo21
    It was funny when the Oldham fan rang Gmr after the game and said he didn't know why Bolton fans were moaning and Oldham are a bigger club than ours what a numptey it must of been one of Gartsides kids!
    I heard that too, the Oldham fan wants to see a game at the Macron and get over the days of Joe Royle. ****ing prick!

The Oldham fan was clearly some bitter little idiot, probably works with a load of Bolton fans and has to listen to the same thing every weekend to be fair.

Quote Originally Posted by gallopingchip
    I won't be joining them in total oblivion Gary, there is no reason why a good Manager could not get those players playing better. If ED wants to stick with Gartside and his poor appointment that's his prerogative but I also have a choice.
    Same here, I just don't think Eddie will get rid of Gartside though, I think Eddie trusts Gartside.

I won't be renewing my season ticket next season, if this mess continues.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)