+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Westy for England?

Westy for England?

Lambert thinks so - and perhaps Jonathan Pearce too

"Does the simple things brilliantly!"

Shows what an intelligent player he must be.
    We should all be rightly proud! - view external link

re: Westy for England?

"... for the money I bought him for." I guess there's a sell-on/international appearance clause to generate extra for Crewe?

People are starting to sit up and pay attention and it would be nice to see him in an England shirt, but he has a lot of competition, he just needs to keep putting in good performances and his time may come. There are a couple of players who are currently in the England setup who I would put him in front of and people are starting to talk about it, so will just have to wait and see.

Pleased for the ever-present Villa midfielder. Always quiet and unassuming for his club (in a good way), but pops up where it matters. Once again he supplied the pass / cross which led to the winning goal. That lot down the road, once again missed out on a real gem, just like they did when Mick Mills said that Platt was not even good enough for the second tier of English football. The rest was history. England's international history.