+ Visit Bolton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Banner has been Made

The Banner has been Made

Enough is enough with this fool.Just when it looked like Mavies and Garvan were going to compliment the midfield he plays 5 ft 10 Joe Mason up front on his own.
    Clueless MK 2 does he not remember Mason scored 1 deflected goal v Doncaster in 8 games.This would suggest that he is too small to play the SKD role.Yet when he played 4-4-2 with Juke he got about 6 in his second loan spell.
    Playing 4-4-2 v Blackburn,Watford,Leeds a run of games that pulled us away from relegation.
    So Saturday was a perfect chance to play 4-4-2 with Mavies pulling the strings.
    But he played Feeney which was pretty pointless as most of his crosses hit the corner flag,but if they had been where Mason was stood the 6 ft 3 centre halves would have cleared against ten stone 5ft 10 Mason.
    The banner will be hanging from the East Stand Upper saying Freedman out its 30ft x 4 ft otherwise our season is over before it starts.

Enough is Enough time to get Proactive.So if you fancy protesting get a ticket about the Half

re: The Banner has been Made

I don't blame Freedman for not playing 4-4-2. I don't think any pair of the three strikers we have would make a decent partnership, and he probably thought that Mark Davies would provide a link between midfield and attack that we've been missing. it didn't work but I can understand the thought behind it.

People are quick to talk about how we could have easily lost by 3 or 4 against Wednesday but equally, we could have scored 3 or 4 ourselves at Leeds.

A few times on Saturday we managed to get men in the box but the final cross let us down. That's down to the quality of player, which no manager could do anything about without significant transfer funds.

For me, the thing that Freedman needs to sort out is the tempo we play at. We are too slow and predictable, and the players look like a bunch of strangers, which is particularly damning for Dougie given how much he talks about the spirit and togetherness of the team.

But, at the risk of sounding contrary for the sake of it, I don't b

Warren are you one of Gartsides family of course Freedman needs to go he had his honeymoon period in his 1st season its been all down hill since then!

Quote Originally Posted by Bolton_Warren
    I don't blame Freedman for not playing 4-4-2. I don't think any pair of the three strikers we have would make a decent partnership, and he probably thought that Mark Davies would provide a link between midfield and attack that we've been missing. it didn't work but I can understand the thought behind it.

People are quick to talk about how we could have easily lost by 3 or 4 against Wednesday but equally, we could have scored 3 or 4 ourselves at Leeds.
    If we absolutely pasted Leeds and were just unlucky not to win by 3 or 4, why did he completely change the system for this match?

This is probably what the Freedman-haters detest most about him. There's absolutely no stability or consistency in the way that he picks the team. Is it any wonder the players are demotivated and underperforming?

I was going to sit out this game in protest, but I'm now going and I'm looking forward to this game now. Surely this must be Dougie's last game if we play like we did against Wednesday?

Quote Originally Posted by garyp1803
    I was going to sit out this game in protest, but I'm now going and I'm looking forward to this game now. Surely this must be Dougie's last game if we play like we did against Wednesday?
    I'm not sure if 4-4-2 is the way forward given our current players. Mavies is usually anonymous in a 4-4-2. It really doesn't help either when Dougie plays Feeney on the left, when clearly he is a right winger, no wonder he struggled to whip many decent crosses in on Saturday. This is Dougie's fault.

good luck with the banner but it won't make any difference at all gartside will probably ask the stewards to take it down.

vote and demonstrate with your feet

Quote Originally Posted by Bolton_Warren

For me, the thing that Freedman needs to sort out is the tempo we play at. We are too slow and predictable, and the players look like a bunch of strangers, which is particularly damning for Dougie given how much he talks about the spirit and togetherness of the team.
    Warren read again what you have written above. "The guy has been in charge for 2 years and the players look like a bunch of strangers". Why? What is he and his staff doing 5 days a week on the training ground. How many years do we give him so that the players don't look like a bunch of strangers?

Wow Warren do you go to games.Last year Worst Start in 107 years,this year we are on our way to breaking it..
    Mason was so isolated on his own that Mavies couldn't provide a link.
    As for Mavies goes missing when playing 4-4-2 Watford 2-0, Blackburn 4-0, Leeds United 5-1.craig Davies n Mason with a mid of Spearing,CYL,Garvan and Mavies would of been a much better formation.
    **** the stewards they ain't taking my banner it's cost me a few hundred quid.
    Warren who are you put a disclaimer WTF?
    We are on the edge of an abyss,Leauge 1.
    Let's hope when this banner is dropped maybe the overpaid under endowed **** pigs will try and win a ****ing match.
    Freedman out!

Quote Originally Posted by white84
    Warren who are you put a disclaimer WTF?
    It was just a joke. I don't care if you put a banner up. It's a free country.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)