+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Assombalonga's goal

re: Assombalonga's goal

Sliding in with your feet off the floor so early in the game is always likely to get you a yellow card, whether you get the ball or not.

Rash challenge!

Quote Originally Posted by wristslasher_909
    Eustace totally at fault for the goal, he even puts his hand up when it goes in. Terrible decision not to cut off the central run of Antonio.

That's specifically what he's in the team for, yet time after time we see him beaten for pace in there or missing in action.

Watch it again, all Eustace has to do is take 2 strides to his right and block the run of Antonio, forcing him to go wide, and buying our defence some time. Instead he looks to track the run of the wide midfielder.

Good god - get him out of the team before he costs us any more points.
    Can I like this more than once????

Quote Originally Posted by AngryRam
    Eustace totally at fault for the goal, he even puts his hand up when it goes in. Terrible decision not to cut off the central run of Antonio.

That's specifically what he's in the team for, yet time after time we see him beaten for pace in there or missing in action.

Watch it again, all Eustace has to do is take 2 strides to his right and block the run of Antonio, forcing him to go wide, and buying our defence some time. Instead he looks to track the run of the wide midfielder.

[/quote]

I hate to admit it...but I also thought Eustace was at fault. I saw Antonio drop into the centre before he got the ball and screamed 'where the **** is eustace'. as soon as he got it I knew we were in trouble.

it's one of those where their guy slices it wide for our throw in and no

That's his number one responsibility.

That's what he's in the team for.

Just ******** stand there and protect the defence against counters through the middle. It's the one thing he can do. We realise he can't do the starting moves off etc. like Thorne. Just protect Keogh and Buxton.

Terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by AngryRam

[/quote]

I've liked it another time for you, mate

Quote Originally Posted by triz
    his perfectly fine tackle that the ref got %100 wrong you mean?

Having not seen the goal again since the day you could be right that he is also at fault for it. One thing your definitely wrong on is this though

Keogh has to block Antonio's run as he is uncontested straight through the middle.

He didn't have to block the run as buxton was challenging him and if he did decide too, its a simple 2 foot pass to leave asommbetc with just the keeper to beat on 18 yards. He did decide to help buxton with Antonio and surprise surprise assombetc having been left unmarked there for no good reason scored.
    Eustace's booking was for a great intercepting tackle, he didn't even make contact with the Forest player and was completely playing the ball. I think the ref let him off on one or two others that were given bookings when other players did them though.

He was at fault for the goal, he was caught upfield when we were on the ascendancy

Quote Originally Posted by wristslasher_909
    Check the footage again.

Buxton doesn't commit, he's covering Forsyth –*so Keogh has to go. Freeze frame and put yourself in Keogh's position. Buxton isn't going so he HAS to go and stop Antonio.

If Eustace had done his job, Keogh wouldn't have been put in that position.

Firstly i disagree that eustace's challenge for his yellow was rash. IMO it was a fantastic interception, just him doing his job well. Secondly i don't think buxton is covering forsyth he was on antonio trying to jockey him. Keogh should never have gone over to help, in an ideal world you would but not when your leaving a striker wide open in the 18 yard box. Agree to disagree is all we can do it seems mate.

Quote Originally Posted by roger_ramjet

[/quote]

I've liked it another time for you, mate[/quote]

Thank you...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)